Naim’s Website

@Zackwater thanks for raising this.

From what I gather from Naim, it’s a genuine oversight, but they’re on it. From what I gather, the Naim website has grown organically over the years, layer on layer, and the structure is now less than ideal, so it can be a bit of a maze when it comes time to update stuff making the process much more difficult than it could be. Naim have confirmed that there is a new website currently in development that should bring benefits all round. Until it’s ready though the marketing team will continue to try to improve the existing site, so if you see anything that’s not quite right then do place flag it up, as I know it will be appreciated at HQ.

2 Likes

That makes a lot of sense, having seen it evolve over time.

I do think @Zackwater has a good point - it is out of character for a company noted for its attention to detail in so many things.

3 Likes

I’ve been saying for at least five years that the pictures of the 282 and 252 are actually the 552. I’ve said it in the Forum, I’ve emailed Naim directly. Has anyone done anything? No. The current website is totally dreadful and has been since the last wonderweb consultant got their sticky mitts on it. If it’s Naim’s window on the world they certainly have the shutters closed.

10 Likes

Your criticism could be considered overly harsh: there are many ways to express an opinion.

Welcome to the forum. We have lodged your complaint. Our representative shall be in touch. We shall waive your next-month’s registration fee.

1 Like

That ND555 you order just might show up as an NDS. Watch for it!

Perhaps they could restore the old manuals archive while they’re at it.

1 Like

Thank you for the welcome. My experience over the past three weeks is comparable to finding a treasure trove of literary information stored throughout so many fine threads. A particular favourite has been the “What wine are you drinking?” which has introduced me to the finer qualities that life has to offer and I look forward to expanding my palate.

Disagree … although I agree someone wanting to buy a Statement is unlikely to look at the website, it shows a lack of quality and professionalism… for most potential new customers who might be exploring the website … and I am confident Naim don’t want to project that in any circumstance.
In many companies I am aware company communications and marketing has been a function successfully being managed by home office working.
It would be better to remove the suggested obsolete/discontinued system components until the web page collateral is ready to be revamped.

You can tell the approach I would take if this happened in my organization…

5 Likes

Agree with SiS comments. Easily something Naim could resolve in these “working from home” times. I’m sure the folks on here would be more than happy to highlight areas where there were inaccuracies, links didn’t work etc. Would give us all something to do whilst listening to our favourite music.

1 Like

I bet you love this thread since you’ve been banging on about it for a long while.

Soon as I saw it I thought yo myself why is this still going on when HH has already flagged it up yonks ago.

In these current times what a perfect opportunity to devote some resource time for employees otherwise sitting at home to honing your website.

Oh come on - at least make it a half decent entry level TT.

2 Likes

Thank you for stating the bleeding obvious. I have an opinion which I expressed. If my opinion was different I would have written something else. I don’t need you to advise me on communication skills.

3 Likes

People would be more inclined to listen were you to express yourself more cogently.

1 Like

Thank you. I wasn’t aware of that and will keep it in mind in my future posts.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. I see you have met Nigel…

5 Likes

Blimey, all I said was that I think the website is dreadful. It’s hardly a crime.

8 Likes

Unfortunately, as much as we’d like to be kind to Naim on this one, the website really is awful. Let’s hope the revamp is a big improvement. I will note however that Naim are not alone in this, although I can’t recall specific instances I’m sure I have seen other websites that are equally poor in different ways. I’m not going to waste time searching them out though, that seems like an exercise in futility.

I mentioned this one some time ago (a few years back, IIRC), but having just checked, it’s still the same:-

Without seeing this page in context, I don’t understand your point. If it’s just setting out Naim Audio’s product history, i.e. that the CDS was introduced in 1991 and featured several design features different from the norm, then surely that’s fine. However, I think the photograph might actually be a CDS2, since I don’t believe the Flash remote control was offered with the original CDS (although someone will probably prove me wrong!).

EDIT: it’s definitely a CDS2 since the mechanism is not the CDM4 type, which was used in the CDS.