Naim’s Website

Dream on. The Wombats seem firmly resistant to this.

I mean - I’ve tried, they haven’t so it must be impossible.

You can find them on quite a few peripherally ‘connected’ websites. I used to ask them to remove our copyright material. Now they’re providing a service.

2 Likes

Give me a brake, it looks like the page has been left unupdated for years, the pandemic came up just a few weeks ago! And one does not need to go to the office to maintain and update web pages, software and faqs!

5 Likes

Fun song and film, thanks.

C.

1 Like

It’s the history of Naim in the form of a timeline; this part is about the ‘ground-breaking’ introduction (for a company that was critical of the musical performance from CD), in 1991, of their first CD player, the CDS, yet it’s illustrated with a picture of the CDSII (introduced in 1998).

In addition to the different puck and Flash RC, the display is a dead giveaway.

1 Like

I have been an owner and fan of Naim since the mid/late 80’s And have loved the sound, but I agree with the comments that it’s a bit sloppy. Despite the pandemic. It’s actually one thing they COULD have been doing remotely. In a similar vein I recently bought a 282 and was shocked to find my streamer has to connect via the ‘CD’ channel and my LP12 via Aux2! Isn’t it possible to even relabel the buttons?

I like the website, and think its quite endearing time and bucks are spent getting the sound right, rather than the blurb. The turnover of Naim isn’t enormous (about £30m, I think), and there are plenty of other companies with shoddier marketing that have comparable income. Perhaps the fact we’re discussing this on a dedicated forum says a great deal more about their marketing ability than some outdated product suggestions.

4 Likes

Everything but an updated webpage:)

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if this forum is more important marketing wise than the website to Naim.

3 Likes

While I do think it’s bad how sloppy the website is, I don’t think that’s the case. The forum is an off-the-shelf thing, minimal styling and the moderators are probably mostly volunteers.

The website will be much more expensive to maintain.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.