Naim Servicing

Safer to ship is the main reason

How come when I received the amp in the first place it was not double boxed? Naim was quite happy, from factory, to ship it like that. Go figure!

2 Likes

They don’t do that in the U.S. Everything I have gotten has been double-boxed…always, Naim and anyone else shipping fragile, high end electronics. Apple double boxes too.

And like I said, in the U.S. if you ship and don’t double box, and there is shipping damage, good luck getting a claim settled. The carrier will blame you for inadequate packing and refuse the claim.

1 Like

Good for you. I live in London. We do things differently here!:sunglasses:

1 Like

OK, I hope you never have an issue. But if you ship UPS or Fedex, check their policies. They are U.S. based carriers. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for your concern but I’ve done this before a few times and it was fine. As you guys say across the pond: have a nice day. Or , as we say around these shores: cheers!:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Guess they are cheap or have cheap insurance.
Personally I like to deliver a clean box to a customer and often put it in a double box just to protect it.
I guess some like a dirty box some don’t.

2 Likes

Hey, I was having a decent conversation with Jos, above. Since you’re a “trader”, Don’t you have some customers to attend to or gear to service instead of lecturing me on how or who should I deal with? Chill, man!:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Very sorry no harm meant at all ……. I will take my box and go home now

Best

6 Likes

OK great just added a newly serviced Hicap DR (had one in stock) definitely lifts the performance.
Tim

1 Like

My 552 was serviced as well and that got done in a few weeks. It’s the 500 DR upgrade that’s the problem.
I gave my dealer my amps beginning of July, then Naim told him to hold off sending until beginning of August. Since then it’s been a constant wait for DR parts, to find out now that new production units are prioritised re upgrades.

You shouldn’t have a problem re servicing only; having said that, I’ve learned that from a statistical perspective, what I expect is most likely not to happen, whatever the reason…

1 Like

Thanks sbilotta. I had hoped the earlier clarification by Clare that parts are allocated when booked in would hold steady but your experience seems counter to that. I can’t see why you should still be waiting for DR parts now if you were booked in (and parts allocated) in August.

My dealer is also not confident in the information he is receiving from Naim, given “Naim is not the same as it was, there are many many changes….” (his words).

I would be sending from outside UK so turnaround is even longer due to the shipping. As such, I have just sent word to cancel the planned service and upgrade.

I hope you get your kit back soon….

2 Likes

I collected my Supercap DR yesterday. The DR modules were faulty and replaced with a turnaround of just over 4 weeks.

Nice one as you state you like the customer to receive a nice clean box. Having collected my recent Atc scm 40 speakers they were double boxed superb, same with my Cyrus cdi-xr cd player delivered this week again double boxed. Proves the manufacturer cares for their products during transit. Oh the boxing on the ATCs was mega strong along with internal foam supports, drawstring bag covering units.

Well well. 250 back in the house after the dead channel was fixed, a full service and sounding better than ever. All done in less than two weeks. Where there’s a will, there’s a way!:sunglasses:

10 Likes

It would seem that the UK is swamped with work. My CDS3 was sent back to the UK from Germany for a DAC replacement and transport refurbishment. It seemed like forever but it is back now. I assume part of these delays were due to customs issues. All the other stuff… 252, supercap, 300, 300PS, Hicap, chrome bumper amps 42N, 101 and new tweeters for the SL2 were serviced with very fast turn around time by the Naim distributor in Germany.
Likewise all sounding great after a long overdue service, especially for the chrome bumper amps purchased in 1985

5 Likes

My NDX was shipped to Naim on Monday, informed by dealer I should have it back before Christmas - it’s in for a OLED screen replacement - fingers crossed………

I live in the UK and my recent experience of shipping Naim boxes is much more akin to @JosquinDesPrez than others experience above. My boxes were all but destroyed by DPD. I’ll never shipp another Naim box that isn’t double boxed with plenty of padding/bubble wrap. I was shocked at the damage. These were pristine before sending, but returned to me like this.

Thankfully, the polystyrene foam ‘cheeks’ did their job and no damage to components, but sheesh… Disgraceful.

2 Likes

There’s your problem :slight_smile: Nothing is 100% safe, but in my experience DPD is the worst by far in every respect. I am at the point where I’m telling sellers who only offer DPD that I’ll buy elsewhere unless they come up with an alternative

1 Like

Agreed. My dealer arranged the courier in this instance. I spoke to them about it afterwards ( they very generously arranged to have Naim send me replacement boxes). They say they’ve tried just about every option on carriers and not found any to be infallible, the more so since Brexit/Covid has led to a huge drop in driving/delivery standards. But I hear you on DPD. They’re the worst. Drivers are appalling.

2 Likes