Naim Stageline S

I use a Humminguru RCM with either just distilled water and the HG solution - and for very dirty albums I do two baths - one 9:1 distilled water with 91% alcohol then the mixture above.

Then Mofi sleeves etc.

1 Like

Ok Richard, thank you.

Thanks , that’s good to know. :+1::+1:

I gave up on record cleaning machines years ago. I think they do an excellent job for the purposes intended. However I got tired of mold collecting inside the units. Draining the fluid was not easy for me, given my disabilities. Also noise and neighbor complaints about the vacuum noise. My husband also complained. And then there was the issue of mixing fluid. It was a disaster. I also purchased higher end models. Same problems.

Rainwater is a good option over buying distilled water, depending on how practical that is for you - just leave a bucket outside on a wet day.

1 Like

Regarding what water to use, I switched to Audio Intelligent Ultra-Pure Water many years ago, and it made a noticeable difference in the quality of cleaning. Not cheap, but worth the expense.

More generally, I’ve found that being somewhat obsessive about cleaning procedures is worth the bother in terms of the results you get.

The ultra sonic machines are quieter and the higher end ones like my Degritter you can load and leave to get on with it. For the worst discs a vacuum machine and enzyme cleaner will shift what an ultrasonic won’t but I’ve not had a record that needed it since I stopped buying from Oxfam (because I moved abroad, though they were a better bet before vinyl became fashionable again, the days on ten records for a fiver are long gone).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.