Naim Statement

It’s always “easier to follow instruments” and “sound-stage became bigger”. One wonders how easy and big it can become :wink:

4 Likes

It’s when they follow you, and you can’t find your way out of the soundstage that you start to worry.

10 Likes

That’s a Naitmare.

8 Likes

The best system for the best guitarist… :wink:

3 Likes

As easy as blinking and as big as a house and then that’s it! Surely? :smiley:

1 Like

I’m reminded of the ‘Turtles all the way down’…

I wonder how would one connect a second pair of amps ? The S1 pre has only 1 set of XLR outputs. One would have to order a custom Y splitter XLR interconnect. Or am I missin something ?

I believe people are having the S1 connection plate changed at HQ with more required xlr connections. ATB Peter

Presumably the connection to the active crossover will accept that single cable, and its output would be for however many amps it is designed to drive.

1 Like

That would be true for an active setup, but evidently some customers are bi-amping or tri-amping.

Ah - I keep getting confused over this. In the good old days, bi- or tri-amping was always with active crossover.

Statement is a Veblen good. Just the name tells you this. The person who buys it new, finds it MORE appealing BECAUSE it’s expensive. Buying it with an eye on resale is likely a mistake. The next buyer will be looking for a deal.

… but that’s life, isn’t it Winky :thinking: ATB Peter

Regular listeners judged that the best sound balance was usually to be heard from within large concrete bunkers some thirty-seven miles away from the speakers…

(With apologies to Douglas Adams)

8 Likes

Hotblack Desiato, I had the same thought earlier!

1 Like

Personally, if I could afford it, I’d definitely buy a Statement. It encapsulates and distills of all Naim’s skills, knowledge and experience into their “statement” of an amplifier. And it’s pretty awesome whichever way you look at it, or listen to it…

10 Likes

You are thinking passive bi- or tri, as opposed to active bi-and tri-?
The benefit of passive would be so marginal as hard to justify buying any amp for it let alone a Statement ( it is best applied simply if someone happens to have a spare amp or two).

Only saying bi- or tri-amping doesn’t distinguish which, passive or active - but I would always assume active unless indicated as passive. (in my experience/reading passive multi-amping is much less common than active.

1 Like

On this forum, bi-amping has always meant passive, in my experience. Active means active, without specifying bi or tri. On this thread Naim officials indicated some were bi and tri amping with Statement, so I think most people assumed passive unless otherwise specified. For example huge Focal speakers can be easily bi-amped, but modifying them for active is hardly routine. There is one mention of a customer adding a crossover for a true active setup, to be sure. The consensus on this forum is that passive isn’t worth the trouble or expense, but that hasn’t stopped a lot of people from doing it.

1 Like

Ha Ha. I’m afraid I’ll have to respectfully decline the invitation, as I don’t think HH would appreciate a Statement home invasion!

1 Like

No problems YetiZone :grinning: