Naim Statement

Audioquest cobalt

Spotify over bluetooth would sound fine, Iā€™m sureā€¦

2 Likes

The sum of Forum opinions is cost of Statement system is inappropriate or prohibitive, but potential Statement customers may not be inhibited by something other than itā€™s cost.
Twenty years ago I was in Sonyā€™s Manhattan flagship store where well known women was concluding sale. When she left I asked what she bought, it was 10-TVs for her 10-homes, as well as instillation and all the extras, these were the biggest most expensive TVs Sony made at the time. I asked sales person how she selected them and he said she said her husband liked sports and she wanted best TV for sports. Month or so later I read her husbandā€™s obituary, money was not her concern.
Several years back I heard Statement demo at dealer where North American Naim rep was present. During presentation rep was called out to take call and when he came back told dealer they just received order for 4-Statement systems for one person.
Thereā€™s unlimited money out there, cost of Statement is really not that great, but audio requires interest and time to listen and for moment thatā€™s vanished from most peopleā€™s radar .

3 Likes

I feel like now would be a perfect time for someone to photoshop a statement in between HHā€™s proac tablets.

7 Likes

With four power amps to make them bi-amped

steady onā€¦

2 Likes

Has it ever been done?

What? Photoshopping a Statement between HHā€™s Pro-Acs, or four Statement power amps to bi-amp a suitable pair of speakers? Either way, I wouldnā€™t know.

2 Likes

Bi-amping. That would seem overkill, perhaps, but might be awesome.

Paging @YetiZone

Do your thingā€¦:wink:

1 Like

Not sure if there was much saying the cost is inappropriate?

1 Like

Tri-amping for some speakersā€¦
But needs a Statement level active crossover.

Nigel,

Neither do I, as a matter of principle I donā€™t want what I canā€™t afford. However, Iā€™d be intrigued to hear Naim for Bentley adapted for a campervan!

Regards,

L

I know of at least two Statement customers with tri-amped set-ups; several more with bi-amped systems, too.

9 Likes

I seem to remember that when I was on a factory tour we were told that when Naim sold the 7 way Statement they built a custom crossover for the customer.

1 Like

Did the customer have one of those air-conditioned computer suites to house them?!

Regards,

Lindsay

No :slight_smile: But they werenā€™t in small rooms, letā€™s put it that way

3 Likes

5 Likes

Unbelievable. Must be quite a strong floor.

4 Likes