Naim Superline and AirPlugs

Hoping my dealer would get an Aphelion for a demo. Curious about upcoming Planar 10, too. I love the sound of Linn so hard to give that up.
Unfortunately, my EKOS SE/Etna SL/Superline developed a ground noise recently, it’s totally out of commission. Troika/Aro/Linto’d LP12 working overtime, atm. Not as capable as the one in the main rig, but having a tune is better than not having any.

I would love to try Aura against Superline but first this grounding problem needs to be sorted. :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

Hi Richard

Like you I am using the same cartridge on my rega P8, also superline but with the standard naim plugs.
I guess you are using the 100R only and interested in the gains that these upgrade air plugs make, never seen them for sale and I guess.you can still get them?

Cheers dunc

Dunc, yes, they are available by special order from naim via your Naim dealer.

Cheers Richard
I will have to try one I think
Are you just using the 100R only as that is what I have found to be about right

Yup, I’m using 100R on the Apheta 2.

Cheers Richard

A question to those, who broke in a new Naim AirPlug-Z. I’m going to try one of them, which is 100R. I have the old Naim AirPlug of the same value. What are your impressions? What time does a new plug need to show its potential?

Straight away. No break in needed.

I’ve been trying to get the 400R Superline loading plug for my Kleos SL As suggested by several forum members in another thread.

Unfortunately after enquiring, Naim, Cymbiosis and AVOptions are unable to provide me with one.

The closest Naim can get is 430R. I’m currently using a 453R which worked well with my Dynavector XV-1t.

Any thoughts on other suppliers I could try would be welcome.

David

1 Like

I do not know to what extent it is allowed to post links. On Ebay you will find something. Enter this search term:
Texas Components TX2575 Naked Foil Audio Resistor at 0.1% or better (TX2352 var)

The dealer offers “Costum Value”.

1 Like

Are you trying to get a regular Airplug or Z-foil Airplug?
If you look up on this thread, Richard recently got a 100R Z-Airplug from the factory.

When you say Naim did you contact the UK factory or Focal-Naim in Canada? What was the reason they can’t supply a custom Airplug?

Hi - I don’t mind which I get, I’d just like to try one as a replacement for my 453R.

Naim UK factory replied to my dealer: “I’m afraid that we don’t do a 400 ohm Airplug. The closest we could do would be 430.”

I’ll follow up on Hermann’s suggestion above and try making my own …

David

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.