Naim To Share Manufacturing

Now’s the time to move north of the border!

1 Like

Fascinating and wonder why this did not happen before Brexit.

3 Likes

This does not bode well for me………i will not buy Naim high end products from abroad. There are too many choices, if the world is included……

20 Likes

Can’t see a need for it now…

Why do you say that. I’m sure some of the distributors are relieved in not having to fight with the hurdles that exist at the moment

1 Like

Horizontal I think is the term used in biology. No not that sort of horizontal.

1 Like

No politics please, thanks.

1 Like

Whilst I don’t agree, I feel this line is dangerously close to the political and likely to be quashed as no politics allowed :innocent:

Fair enough. Edited accordingly

Have you ever seen so many born whingers?!! Obviously quite s few people here have never been up the Dolphin industrial estate!

In my book, whatever Naim do to help ensure long term profitability has to be a good thing. Rant over!

11 Likes

If you sell a lot of your products inside the Single Market, it makes sense to manufacture within that market.

Simpler, in the medium to long term. And probably more … predictable.

2 Likes

Is this only starting with the new classic series. I wonder what the scope will be

1 Like

Volume products, Shirley…?

Well Naim’s history is embedded in being “designed and made in Salisbury” they have a great service reputation and quality. Quality is something best kept a very close eye on as brand perception can be so easily harmed, and having design engineers on site is a huge plus. Accuphase are a proud Japanese company who only produce in Japan. My personal opinion is by manufacturing the core of their product range ( if this is indeed the case as we don’t know yet) abroad is a retrograde step.

11 Likes

I have no doubt it is a decision driven by costs - in all its forms - including barriers to trade. Which means…

2 Likes

Can’t be any worse than brands like Arcam ending up part of Samsung, oh, wait a minute…
It’ll be interesting to see what the Board at Alpha Group plan out for Vervent in the years to come. Given it’s the majority stake holder and driven by investor profitability one can only assume it’ll be increasingly driven by lower costs and higher margins.
For the time being It all continues to sound ok!

For the times they are a changin……

Perhaps some people are passionate about their hifi? :wink:

4 Likes

Its a bit sad this in a way, i dont think it will harm the actual products. i suspect statement and 500 will remain in Salisbury.

I think if Rolex outsourced to Poland it would have an effect on the brand image. BTW im not saying there is anything wrong with poland or any country but its just not where its made as part of the brand.

either way, loads of love for Naim stuff

With Naim being PE owned, volume/sales/profit expansion must be the objective, and cannot be held back by premises constraints (marketing mix and all that). The more Naim kit that’s been produced over the years, the more servicing & support is required on an ongoing basis…which, with another line of kit/evolution in progress, points to needed physical expansion.

Ensuring there’s no brand-dilution within such a move is the key aspect.

2 Likes