Naim Uniti Nova- I Finally Pulled the Trigger

Naim have a waiting list sent to dealers , so (hopefully) your dealer should have a copy.

I have a Nova and I am sure you will be delighted with it . It’s a cracking bit of kit

2 Likes

The Nova definitely punches above its weight and the addition of a Powerline gives a surprising improvement to the sound given its “only a power cord”

2 Likes

If I may, there are 11 FIP branded stations listed in the app under Location Europe France All Popular. Which is the all-encompassing one? I would work through them but I’m reading this on a Zoom call. Thanks.

Hello, and welcome to the Forums. As noted, your dealer is the best person to advise on likely waiting times - we are updating retailers on product lead times on a regular basis, as the situation is very fluid at the moment.

3 Likes

FIP HD is the one I use.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ll try it when there’s an evening sans football. Cheers.

I have also a 3 meter pair. I connected them last friday, they have played for about 50 hours now. Quality of fabrication is perfect. Soundstage is great from right to left and front to back. As you wrote, there are lots of details , which i like and there is no harshness and bass is precise. I am very proud of my purchase and pretty sure you will be too. Let me know how you get in with yours

3 Likes

My Powerline arrived at my store yesterday which is a few hours away. I paid for it and it shipped to me today. So soon…

2 Likes

Is the powerline some expensive snake oil… I tried on my Nova and actually preferred the standard cable in every way!

Huge difference on my Nova, but YMMV.

First time posting. Just ordered my first Naim product - the Uniti Nova. I’m ready to retire my LFD Mistral SE to my woodworking shop and start learning from you folks! If I can just get the acronyms and abbreviations down I should be on my way.

12 Likes

Make sure you allow the Nova some run in time before critical listening.
Mine sounded awful for the first day and has gradually improved over the last couple of weeks to the point where I am now happy and it’s still getting better.

3 Likes

I am power cable agnostic, but surely if you hear such a difference then you are saying power cables do make a difference and therefore it cannot be snake oil.

You prefer the original cable which is great as you’ve saved a stack of cash.

4 Likes

Oh man…I absolutely hate all the abbreviations. NOTE. This is not inherent knowledge. Some of us haven’t spent the last 20 years concentrating on and posting about and reading about every innovation. Plus I’m ADHD…so that stuff basically leads to my just skimming until I find a post in which the person is considerate enough to type actual words which would enable those of us that come to the forum to learn to actually…learn. Yeah.

2 Likes

I’ll add, an excepted C (convention) is the first time an A (abbreviation) is used to write out the word within P (parenthesizes) and afterward the P is not needed because the A is then understood. It’s a good C.

1 Like

…but what about A, D and H? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

I ordered a Nova from a UK dealer 1st week in February, so that’s 20 weeks and counting… Last update dealer gave me after they contacted Naim was another 3-4 weeks… that was 7 weeks ago.

I think it was Airedog, but I may be incorrect, who received their Nova a few weeks back also ordered in February so “fluid” is one way of describing it.

Naim’s original and follow-up estimates are both on the cusp of exceeding double the estimates provided so I suggest Naim-to-dealer-to-client dates are taken with a large degree of scepticism. Whatever info they provide to my dealer isn’t standing up to the reality of component availability and production priority and in my experience entirely unrealistic. Patience is definitely required.

However, I am looking forward to the Nova and streaming music. It’s good to read the various results of applying snake oil / Powerline to a Nova and that a possible audible uplift may occur that doesn’t require wholesale change of electronics or speakers. I’d want to try before I buy though :wink:

1 Like

I tried a PowerLine in my system and it was just a bit better than the standard tibia so its high price was not justified. Always wonder about the North American version of the PL. It does not have the fancy male plug of the UK version, it is only a $16 Wattgate plug. Does it offer the same performance as the UK version ?

2 Likes

One thing people often overlook is the room itself and especially the speaker locations. Take some time to just try them in different locations, sit and listen and move and try again. Even doing so in places that may not make sense or where you’d ordinarily not use them, like well in to the room rather than tight against a wall as an example.
It is a free experiment and you may well find it goes from sounding good to sounding awesome in the process. Often the best improvements come from the changes that cost little or nothing.

Correct, I ordered in Feb. But take heart, a few days after my dealer told me it would be another 3-4 weeks it arrived out of the blue! And my Powerline also was quick (though that’s a horse of a different color.) I am mulling how to approach the Powerline and the evaluation. With the NAC A5s I had (have) concrete evidence. My Nova operates much cooler. And I believe it sounds much better (self-report though is sketchy as any psychologist will tell you.) So I won’t have such a good indicator of the Powerline’s effect. I am quite excited to get it and see though. Edit: Buy the Powerline. Stunning difference. A dramatic obvious difference is in reverb! It’s insane.

2 Likes