Naim Uniti Nova- I Finally Pulled the Trigger

I think that I was lucky then.
I ordered mine and a few days later it arrived.

Speaker positioning can make or break a system.
Jim Smith’s Get Better Sound book/DVD has a lot of useful information on set up and is well worth the asking price.

1 Like

Power line or not, as in my case, it’s an amazing bit of kit. Boy have you got something to look forward too.

2 Likes

Yes. Immediate, stunning. Stunning.

4 Likes

Just ordered a Power line so looking forward to seeing how it compares with the van den Hul that I am using currently.

1 Like

Nova is superb my friend, I’m sure you’ll be delighted.

I’d be keen to hear your thoughts on the Powerline, which is a move I am thinking of making having bought a Nova a couple of months ago. Very pleased with it so far, but having read quite a few positive comments, may be worth considering.

I’ll make sure to report once I have it.
Others say that it improves after some run time so I’ll give it a couple of weeks once it arrives.

1 Like

I read the same comments. I kept listening patiently, hopefully and imagining that it was a rose, twisted tightly, gradually loosening its petals until one evening it just opened into this beautiful flower.

2 Likes

Certainly, don’t want to rush these things.:+1:

1 Like

I’ve had mine a month today. I wouldn’t think of returning it. Improves everything.

1 Like

Thanks for the positive input. I have a feeling this is going to end in one way. The positive comments do outweigh those who have preferred the original.
I will have to try for myself at some point, but it is still quite a lot to spend on a cable and money I should probably be spending elsewhere eg speaker upgrade.

You could look around for used ones. I got two from a seller. I had them on my SN2 and HiCap Dr. I could not perceive any difference over the Audioquest cables I had on them. Sold them on without losing too much. YMMV.

It doesn’t seem so bad if you cognitively lump the purchases into one. The Nova just cost $990 more than you thought. But…you wouldn’t give it up now would you?

Thanks dknk & airedog for the input, yes , I will look for a well priced used cable so that I can move it on if no or very little improvement.
I think my mains supply is quite clean, as I am in a relatively new house, which is just one of 3. Not sure if any of that makes a difference, but I hope I can find out soon enough.

1 Like

Had a Powerline on my Nova for years - wouldn’t be without it. I was amazed how much difference it made. Having said that, it’s definitely best to either buy used or get a home trial as the effect may vary between situations.
Definitely not snake oil!

5 Likes

Totally agree with @pev999, the Powerline is a great used-market buy. What can go wrong with a Powerline — you get a mint Naim item a lot cheaper and no worries about damage in transit… And if you don’t like it, you sell without loss — well, you might loose the postage, but that’s not too bad for a home trial.

One disappointing thing I have recently discovered is that there is a long, plastic bar running along the lower part of the front, which houses the illuminated Naim logo, and is held on by double-sided sticky tape.

I found this out when mine fell off, possibly when I moved it a little and may have put a little pressure on one end. Having come unstuck, it doesn’t stay back on.

For a ÂŁ4K unit, I would have thought that Naim could do better that have it held together by tape.

I have contacted customer support for help, which I assume will be a new length of tape, but as they are busy, I have not yet had a reply.

I just thought that I would mention it so that other owners know to take care when lifting or moving the machine.

1 Like

This was a known issue with sub-standard sticky tape on some older versions.

You are correct that it’s good to be aware of it when lifting/moving the device as I suspect holding it by the plastic bar is not ideal.

1 Like