Naim Uniti Nova PE edition

I didn’t have any complaints about the uniti Star, or the new focal Aria Evo X. Thought it was a cracking system, and one if you like,you shouldn’t hesitate to buy!

He said: “Everything depends on the system of reference.”

The speed of light in the vacuum is an immutable fact.

I’m aware of the forum rules and one should not post links.
Here I’m attaching a link to a YouTube video, in which a German reseller (Projekt Akustik) introduces the new Nova PE and compares it vs. the old Nova.
The reason for posting the link is that in the video starting at 6:37, the reseller opened the Nova PE to show and compare the internal design to the regular Nova. I suppose this would be of interest to some, including myself, who were wondering about possible differences other than the power amp section between the two versions. This is the first online resource to my knowledge that shows the internal design of the new Nova PE.

If Richard still thinks it is inappropriate, please remove the link or let me know how I can point people to the information without violating the forum rules.

1 Like

I tend to restrict links to reseller video to those only about Naim or featuring someone like Jason G, and even then if they are overly promotional then I don’t allow - that keeps things fair for all. In this case probably best take a screen shot of what you wish to show and then paraphrase the pertinent information or give a summary (as the video is in the German language, this makes a lot more sense anyway).

5 Likes

As instructed, here are two screenshots. The Nova PE on the left and the regular Nova on the right. I’m not an expert on the inner workings. Those more experienced than me may have more insight into the differences.

7 Likes

Thanks so much for that heads up. Fascinating. Going to watch over lunch. (Happy to delete my post in favour of yours too, just let me know)

(YouTube does auto translate captions for any non German speakers who find the video: Naim Uniti Nova PE | Der BESTE Uniti All-in-One aller Zeiten??")

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing, well appreciated!

Interesting video, not just for the interior shots. Whilst copious quantities of salt are likely required, there are suggestions the quality improves upon the normal nova within the context of their listening.

It also looks like a neat installation, definitely looks like integration onto the main board, to my eyes at least.

1 Like

On the top left it looks like a standard Class D module of Purifi 1et400a.

1 Like

Well this blows my tiny mind I thought the transformer provides the amplification. I am 49 and have believed that to be true all my life.

It’s full! No one can complain about empty boxes at least :smile:

I have no idea what all these bits are. Could you tell me what the white bits with oblong things, that are behind the transformer on the PE are please? The standard Uniti doesn’t have them.

I’m pretty sure they’re high power resistors… but I’m not sure why they’re there

1 Like

Oh they are about 2 quid each and literally force your toes to tap, you wont be able to prevent it. They also help in not having to have speaker wires connected as per the promotional videos.

Yeah, but what are they?

Indeed; high power ceramic resistors, but I have no clue for what purpose … Idon’t want to complain, but it does look a bit messy, isn’t it?

high-power-resistor

1 Like

Aw man they are 2.30 each on amazon, I was 30p out! Mind you thats just for 10, lol.

Not as messy as the Hegel H390, which would cause claustrophobia in someone without that tendency.

1 Like

I’ve seen them used a couple of times. In both cases, used to drop voltage.