Naim Website First to Hear 8.5.2019

I really hope not.
A free upgrade of a nice green display and a full set of buttons for the new uniti range would be much, much better.

Mike

1 Like

500 series or even Statement ONE Box Streamer. For urban types who dont want mountains of boxes, but happy to pay the price of multiple boxes.

If you look at Audio T’s clearance page there are rather a lot of Muso on it at the moment, could be a clue.

MU-so revamped ,right.

Mu-so for Bugatti?

A Muso or QB on the new streaming platform would get my vote. I quite fancy one for the kitchen, but I’d prefer it to have the new tech.

1 Like

Firstly, it’s a lengthy teaser…the 8th May!!!..and secondly remember the new Unitis, announced and then, well you all know the rest…personally I think it’s gonna be a Muso QB Smaller, portable speaker for the beach…which requires an ethernet cable…

4 Likes

Naca6?

1 Like

More likely to be a 272 replacement in the Uniti style casework. I don’t think they’ll release a streaming preamp at the 500 level.

I can’t imagine what would be the rationale of putting a preamp/streamer, presumably without built-in power supply, into a Uniti style case. What power amp would buyers pair it with?. If it’s going to be done, it would logically, as others have said, be into a ND 555 or NDX 2 style case in order to match with Classic series power amps and power supplies.

Unless Naim have managed somehow to engineer an appreciable leap in SQ over and above the 272 I really can’t see it happening.

Thanks for the update Charlie…i will keep casting my line from time to time😉

3 Likes

UMMM (possibly silly question)-
Is that date August 5 (M/D/Y) as I would expect
or
May 8 (D/M/Y)

May 8 th i think there is the Berlin show around that date

Come on old chap, we use proper dates here in Blighty, none of these back-to-front American ways here!

7 Likes

If it is indeed and updated Muso I’m sure I will not be the only disappointed person.

1 Like

Quite. I’m guessing that you, like me, have been waiting a long, long time for the Naim cassette deck to finally arrive.

3 Likes

I think it might be NDS 2 ?

Better be a twin deck, with a graphic equaliser

4 Likes

With external power supply and twin burndies, one for each cassette mechanism motor.

3 Likes

Lol. Yes. Exactly. Cassettes are the new vinyl of 2019.

1 Like