Naim Website First to Hear 8.5.2019

Naim will not change the ‘classic’ three panel look on the short tearm, at least that’s my guess - it doesn’tmake sense after introducing the whole new range of streamers recently …

It can be used on its own, but jaw dropping, veil lifting cleanliness only happens when used with the Hi-wash power supply.

A cassette deck would be nice; my Nak is getting a bit long in the tooth (old) now. I understand there was a Naim cassette deck under development many years ago, but the project got dropped in favour of CD. Shame really… try putting a cassette in your pocket, then try putting a CD in. You’ll see what a convenient format compact cassette really is.
RJ

I have heard the Linn product at £6k and its an interesting modular design, but, does not convey music like the Nova. It lacks the power and emotion of a recording imo.

2 Likes

I just hope it is a special edition of a very fine british watch in the name of Naim Audio.

Chag -

I recon Naim must be itching to release the SuperNova

4 Likes

I’d like mine in the Champagne finish.

5 Likes

Just popped into John Lewis to have a look at the Muso pricing (after reading this thread) to see if they were reduced. They were, by £150 no less! Spoke to the assistant and he confirmed they are expecting a new model in May. Maybe a coincidence BUT I imagine the 2 Muso products make Naim vastly more money than the classic series due to their potential reach. This would make sense for a big splash screen on their site.

I would prefer something different of course but fear this maybe what we are speculating over!

5 Likes

Good find but i doubt they be announcing just new Muso models at Munich - That’s the sort of thing you’d expect to be revealed in the low end publications such as What Hi-Fi.

I suspect there is more…

1 Like

Given how Naim do not want to release any details of new products until they are ready, would be surprised if this could be blown by a department store sales assistant.

Not necessarily, large retailers often put in forward orders, and will make a big commitment to buy, but will expect suppliers to make commitments well in advance.

Could be muso with new streaming card

Also maybe 272 with the same

and colour display for the 272 and remove imminent chance of OLE screen failure.

Wouldn’t it be nice to send in your old 272 for a colour screen and streaming module upgrade.

3 Likes

Yes, that would be great!

1 Like

The Japanese adopted it before it became an ISO standard.

I didn’t manage to get past SA level cassettes which I reckoned were fine back in the day. The metal tapes were much too exotic in my student days!

Peter

I’m with Xanthe with a guess on something headphones related. A clue might be in the teaser. Maybe a portable fancy double pocket headphone amp n dac, called the SuperNugo.

One would assume that the Mu-so units are bringing in lots of new Naim customers. Naim likely knows whether or not these customers are also upgrading and/or expanding their systems. If the attach-rate on these new customers is significant, it would make sense to update or expand the Mu-so universe to keep it fresh.

I bought my first Naim piece over 25 years ago and have been changing, upgrading and expanding through the years. When I bought my Nova over a year ago, Naim offered a deep discount on a Mu-so Qb so I bought it too. The dealer told me they would be adding multi device streaming support similar to Airplay2 so it just made sense because I wanted a higher quality whole-house eco-system compared to offerings like Sonos.

It certainly worked on me and brought me back to the fold

I prefer the Naim sound to Linn but I admire the latter for the ability to update older models and bring them into line with their latest versions.

As I understand it the Selekt is built on a modular principle making it even simpler to update than the Akurate and Klimax ranges. For example with the Selekt it is possible to add the Katalyst initially or buy it later and the same with the power amp module. Presumably it should be possible to further upgrade the dac later if/when a better one becomes available. Presumably the same applies with the streaming module and pre-amp and a WiFi module is also promised. It would be beneficial for owners of the original Naim streamers if they had the opportunity to upgrade to the latest technology without having to sell their existing units and replace with new ones

3 Likes