Naim Website First to Hear 8.5.2019

Listened to the Selekt at the Brizzel show last February.

Sounded very very good, and its modular construction gives it great flexibility; I’m think it can even go multi-channel.

5 Likes

Yes !
All our Notices to Airmen (NOTAM) are YYYY-MM-DD-HH-MM
Logical.

1 Like

Me too. I used have a Marantz cassette deck on my desk and whenever a good tune came on the Marnatz tuner I’d push Pause and it wou”d carry on recording…plus tapes of the punk bands and wild rock improv bands I was in …I have about 60 such mixes waiting for the day when I get round to buying a tape deck…

553 with trickle down Statement technology?

G

1 Like

Cd transport?

1 Like

That would be nice!

2 Likes

Dame first we had to wait for 15.04.19 for GOT, now the 08.05.19. All this suspense, also only just upgrading to a 272 a year ago I’m not really looking forward to its replacement.

1 Like

Just don’t demo any new version, and ignore all those seeking to justify the £5-7k they’ve just blown by claiming the 272 is ‘broken’!

1 Like

I only locally stream up to 24/192, the 272 can handle that and it does communicates with my new Atom and the Muso. So yes, I will just ignore (or try).

Please not another streaming product, naim have covered that very well.

Could you imagine the wild reaction if naim used their electromechanical engineering knowledge to develop a turntable, so many average manufacturers now make a turntable, lets not forget naim used to make one of the worlds best tonearms!

I know I’ve gone on about such things before and that naim has changed, but the vinyl industry is really prospering and naim has the ability to make things better than most!

Don’t get me wrong, I love how naim has done streaming so well, but records are so much fun!

1 Like

I certainly wouldn’t get one of the first ones to be made. Will the screen fit? Will the outputs be dodgy? Will the screen turn off? Will something drop off? Who knows? And, of course, it may never happen.

3 Likes

Just love way Naim wind you guys up into a frenzy!

1 Like

Its a standard marketing tease, leak a hint/info/pictures/rumour. It sure seems to work around these parts …

1 Like

Will it actually sound appreciably better? £3k, 4k, 5k better? But then again, when you look at the number willing to upgrade from NDS to ND555 and the frightening costs involved, I don’t suppose Naim will find any shortage of willing victims!

Absolutely “Yes” (to your “streamer” question).

There are swathes of existing Naim amp owners out here who want something a bit more "affordable"so they can add a Naim branded streamer to their cherished gear. I absolutely love my Nait5 - it is going nowhere anytime soon (I have neither the desire to replace it nor a spare £2k for a Uniti Atom) and a “Nait” level streamer that was 3 figures not 4 would sell by the bucketload I’m certain of it. I would have my credit card out for one by yesterday if such a thing existed.

I know that Muso is the new “Halo” range for Naim but I’m convinced that a Plug-It-In-To-What-Yer-Got “Nait” level streamer would have a place with existing amp owners systems. Sure, they probably can’t afford to build such a thing in Salisbury, but how hard would it be to take the amps, DAC & cones away from a MusoQB, pop the streaming section into a Stageline case and use the Naim app for control. It won’t satisfy the upper echelons but, like Nait amps in years gone by (& Muso speakers today) it would be a great introductory product drawing in fresh blood (as well as those of us more than happy to sit at “Nait” level & spend the rest on more music). I could easily see a product like this having a simple upgrade path too. Could be an (optional) 3 box system; add a similar sized DACbox if you don’t already own a DAC. Have a 3rd box as a separate power supply to power & improve the Streaming box and the DAC box? (Sonore make a (physically) small power supply with 2 banks of ultra capacitors inside which gives battery levels of 'quiet" power supply & REALLY improves all manner of electronics.)

9 Likes

I would wholeheartedly agree with this.

I think it most likely to be a new Muso, possibly a new QB at the same time.
Different architecture to allow stereo pairs (like you can with Sonos) and improved wifi antenna.

2 Likes

Have I done the right thing? Should I have waited? Got a 250 and 282 on order!

2 Likes

Yes. Absolutely! The 282/250 is a lovely combo. Doubtful Naim will refresh these.

Thanks Steve. Been told it’s a 2-3 week lead time. One week gone lol.

1 Like