Nait 3 for present to my son

Great stuff Dan!

1 Like

I need to finish decorating the room. It is filled up with my tools and building materials at the moment. I have a nice glass rack so am looking forward to building the system and of course listening to it. He will have a TV and gaming console in there. Will be some shelves put up and will make a bench. Colour scheme is light grey walls, white ceiling and woodwork, grey wood effect laminate floor. I will post pics on this thread. Really appreciate everyone’s input and advice. Thank you so much!

4 Likes

Sounds like a great setup Dan

2 Likes

Picking up the Naca5 and Nait 3 from collection point tomorrow morning before work. Study/games room decoration well underway! Will get it all kitted out over few days I have off work over Christmas period. Very excited :grin:

4 Likes

But will he then blast out dreadful pop music all day at volume 11??

That’s why I refrain from buying my kids a stereo.

He only comes over at weekends so I get to use it as my study. He has been brought up right and is in to rock music. No Pop. And he tells me to turn down my music because it’s too loud!

1 Like

Sounds great. I think the Nait 3 is truly underrated. I’ve got one ready to deploy for my son some day too, if I can wean him off of the Alexa speaker. :nauseated_face:

+1

I picked it up this morning and have done a temporary set up on the dining room table to check it works okay. Sounds good with the Thorens TD160 and Marantz CD41. Haven’t got the tapedeck set up yet. Have set them up with some TDL speakers with Naca 5 cable.

My first impressions are it has plenty of toe tapping enjoyment. Will be better when it’s in the intended room and on the rack.

A very wise purchase me thinks. My son is here tomorrow so will be interested to see what he thinks!

3 Likes

Here is testing temporary set up. My 12 year old son is in Naim heaven! What a set up!

17 Likes

Lovely - nice one Dan :ok_hand:

1 Like

Not readily available but for some reason both shopgoodwill and my local Craigslist have some old canton karat speakers currently ( different models though) and cheap enough that something like that might work well.Don’t remember much except they do look well made and I think sounded pretty good. Also saw an old pair of mission 770’s but at the time I bought the710’s- one of the good versions as mission used to change speakers but keep the same model designation - daft way of doing things

1 Like

I’ve bought the Rega Ela’s, I’m picking them up in January from Cambridgeshire at some point. Going to be continuing decorating later today and tomorrow so should be set up in the study in a few days. I have had to move the Nait 3 system from the dining room table due to family needs!

1 Like

Have you owned the TD160 from new Dan ? It looks immaculate.

1 Like

Thank you. It’s in good nick apart from the Dust cover which is broken and one of the hinge pins is missing. It was my Dad’s TD160. And the Marantz CD41 was my brothers. The Yamaha tape deck I bought for my Dad around 27 years ago. So the system has family history.

2 Likes

Nice that it’s got family history and the next generation will be getting pleasure from it too.

1 Like

![20210103_180852|375x500]
(upload://ivtEIYLQw7oHDli9PWJmGSRMj99.jpeg)

Making some progress. Room is getting there. Waiting for the Rega speakers!

4 Likes

This is a nice pic of the deck.

1 Like

The classic Marantz Cd52 Se… nice.

1 Like

It’s a CD41, still sounding pretty good after 30 years or so!