Nait disaster

Got a call today
50 is at my dealer
Collecting tomorrow from Dave at the audio counsel
May ask about streaming and what do I do with my cd collection

1 Like

No need. Just plug your CD player into the streamer input.

2 Likes

Thanks Simon for your (as always) differentiated answer. As mentioned elsewhere(Click here) , I bought a Neotech NEVD-1001 silver coax BNC cable and don’t feel it sounds harsh or unbalanced in my system and with my ears.

Hi… I was not talking about SPDIF cables… I was referring to screened/coaxial audio interconnects.
I doubt you would hear much difference with a 75 ohm coax lead SPDIF lead… by definition it has a fixed characteristic impedance.

1 Like

Ok thanks. I thought to your statement “avoid silver plated coax cable” belongs to the connection between NDX2 to Dave. I had assigned that incorrectly.

Nellys home
It was an emotional trip to the dealer
I’ll post the final chapter later

15 Likes

Congrats. :+1:t2:
Look forward to that. :partying_face:
No amount of compensation would make up for that gut feeling not knowing. :sweat_smile:

Enjoy

Erm, I’m confused (not difficult).

I thought you were gettin’ a Nait 50 yesterday… ?

2 Likes

Home in situ
Singing

4 Likes

New cd player
Courtesy of Dave at audio counsel
New 2x 7.5m naca5 from the lads at signals
Thx to you both for your help in last few days and in Dave’s case
Since 1987

2 Likes

Like I said I didn’t think this would be simple but I’m glad of the happy outcome. :partying_face: :+1:t2:

Can I suggest the first track played is this …

1 Like

Dave at Audio Counsel is a great guy.

1 Like

Thats… not a Nait 50… :thinking:

Someone has found your original CB Nait…??? :astonished: :open_mouth: :smiley:

Well Done, whoever, etc… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

So, forget the emotional attachment what would Nait owners/listeners do? Keep the 50 or keep the original?

It’s only original once. :+1:t2:
If I wanted a shoebox size then if had nothing might have bought Nait 50

Keep both?

5 Likes

Here we go
Decided last night to turn the cdx on as it’s been off since September and nothing…no display or internal sounds from mech
So went to the audio counsel this morning to collect the 50
Stood around looking at all the stuff for sale and noted a new Naim box at the side of the chairs.
I was greeted by Dave shook hands and he said it’s here.
I replied I know but I’ll give it a go.
No it’s here…yours.!
Arrived yesterday out of the blue he then turned and pointed to an old grotty box on his desk.
I admit I actually cried tears in my eyes unable to speak
Took a few minutes to compose myself
Dave got Nelly out of the box checked the paperwork and asked if I wanted to listen
I said yes infact if that cdx 2 is available can we use that?
Unfortunately it was broken I laughed and told him I needed a new cd player for a grand hence new cd player
Quick dem of 5 minutes then I just wanted to get home
So then we needed to sort out the paperwork
Id given Dave £500 in October to cover things so as not to put him out regarding costs
Got my magic card out thinking a grand for cd player Maybe touch less if there was any change from the 500
Dave said "ok you give me 500 now and with the payment you’ve already paid we are straight.
What about the service…he just smiled and said it’s not a problem
He then gave me an upgrade on the mains cable and gave me his chord interconnect foc for the cd player
I don’t know who’s looking out for me but thanks to Dave and Naim

Rule 1…always buy from a dealer
Rule 2 … always use a reputable manufacturer
I truly feel looked after by everyone…thank you all

27 Likes

Wow that’s a brilliant story, glad you got a happy ending. It certainly seems like you got your money’s worth.