Nap 200 moving up to a Nap 250?

@Dan_M , @bruss
I was doubting my own sanity after your posts, so checked. It was £875 and I bought in Jul 19. It’s likely the owner posts on here somewhere as they had two racks crammed with Naim and Linn gear, and had just bought a 300DR. From Leicester.

2 Likes

Blimey. You got yourself a blinder there @WeekendWarrior. Nice one!

For a good enough approximation, divide ft by 3 and you have meters

1 Like

My advice would be:

Keep the 82. Get it serviced if necessary, but I certainly wouldn’t regard a 282 as a cost effective upgrade.
Get the hicap serviced if it’s overdue. If you don’t mind mixing different boxes, change it for a HicapDR.
Get a 250, again I would go for a 250DR if budget allows.
You will then have a great amp, which will bring out the best from your SBLs. Sadly, they will also reveal the inadequacy of your source. You really need to improve this, and ideally you should do it first.

Hi ChrisSU

Yes I agree that a 250DR would improve the SBL’s performance , also a better source would make a marked improvement.

Ultimately I guess it must get to a point that unless finance, is not a issue you have to accept that there will always be better, in the hifi world at least.

Regards

Pieman

Yes, but if you can only afford one upgrade just now, I would still say it should be the source. Whether that’s another CD player of a streamer, your amp and speakers deserve it.

1 Like

Hi ChrisSU

Thanks for your reply.

I think I will go with looking for a improved source first, as suggested.

I will post again with what happens next…

Regards to all,

Pieman

2 Likes

Good luck!

Yep good luck Pieman, go for it

yes definately

1 Like

Thanks, makes it quite a large room in my book

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.