NAP 350 - Who’s Tempted?

I’m thinking the last two boxes with their white logos will match the 505 better than the 300’s green ones.

I’ve time to think up other excuses/reasons.

G

5 Likes

The classic boxes match my skin colour better so I’m staying.

Best regards Hulk

9 Likes

Stay strong.

G

1 Like

Yep.

1 Like

Nope! I’m looking forward to a ‘Glut’ of preloved NAP 300’s hitting the market in the coming months…:crossed_fingers:t3: :wink:

18 Likes

Recommend pre loved 500 non dr. Not that much more than a 300DR but so much better in every way :blush:

10 Likes

For me it is a simple choice between pre owned serviced 500dr and the nc 350 monoblocs. I like the idea of the monoblocks , and they will fit on my shelves where the 300 psu and head unit sits. Very interested to compare the two for sq.

5 Likes

I already have a mix of green (nd555, 2x555dr plus 500) and white (s1, core) so doesn’t help me either way :person_shrugging:

8 Likes

The 500DR versus 350 will be interesting for sure.

But the mighty 500 should trounce the monoblocks surely? Excellent as I’m sure they are.

3 Likes

No pesky Burndy cables to deal with either :raised_hands:

2 Likes

At three times the new list price (25 ish v 9) [edit - twice price 25v12] one should jolly well hope so. But what about 3x350 active v a single 500 into 808s? Add in an active cross over and active is more expensive by a few £k [edit nope, more like £20k]. Looking forward to hearing when someone tries this. But with six power cables required for the 350s alone there might not be enough sockets in the house!

Some say 3x250-03 beats a single 500dr, while others say it’s a matter of preference

3 Likes

I thought they were circa 50% Tim - £12K?

All that said, my 300DR sounding mighty fine as I type.

G

2 Likes

You’d need 3 sets of 350’s no?

Yes they should and if the 500Dr was still 16k new then there would be no question in my kind. However I just love the idea of monoblocks for some reason and want to hear them. Also I like the idea of new and shiny, not pre owned. No logic in that just feeling.

2 Likes

After a recent successful home demo of the NC Nap250.3, direct out of the DSM/2, can’t wait to demo the NC Nap350’s. Also plan to hook them up to the Nac552 and compare …and hopefully borrow a NC Nac332, so I get some good comparisons…
Ideally I would like to run direct from DSM/2 if SQ allows ….

5 Likes

Oops misread that one :joy:

And my 500dr is sounding pretty excellent at the moment.

3 Likes

Good luck with finding one, Tim. If you do, save three sockets, 3 x NAP300DR will challenge a NAP500DR - it will of course also challenge Fraim space and cable dressing skills.
There is though something special about active - I have a spare Snaxo (for Kudos) to ensure I can stay active in future, if my S600s expire - intend not!

1 Like

Exposure have one (two boxes I think) and Kudos are developing one (which will be one box), so I am not worried about that bit :blush:

1 Like

Tempted?

But there are other temptations around…

Not for me, sticking with a 500 none DR. The 500 does things that’s hard to describe, the 500 is a class act and a perfect match with a 552DR.

I’m done with upgrading just enjoying what I’m lucky to own.

17 Likes