NAP 350 - Who’s Tempted?

Wow!! Enough already

Correct move on

Getting back on track i know off a few guys waiting to try the 350, some with out any naim gear, this is all down to the balanced inputs it now has.
So that’s a good new thing to have at last.

What’s it called Solstice ?

2 Likes

Balanced inputs

I would appreciate a layman’s description as this isn’t something I understand

1 Like

Strangely since @Dunc you have moved from Naim , I feel you are more present on the forum than before, as Naim owner.
Is it nostalgia?
Something missing?
Are you quick tired by all the details your chirurgical system is throwing at you that you take pauses and connect to the forum?
LoL

Just kidding, no offence.

I know you’re joking :upside_down_face:

I do obviously still look on here, i don’t post much these day’s as i have nothing new to post about. Just more about my journey through naim, and any constructive info that might benefit someone.

Still trying to get my head round the PhoenixNet :laughing:

2 Likes

Its how XLR plugs are supposed to be used… The norm in Pro Audio, I believe.

2 Likes

It will still have that Naim signature……not DCS, Chord etc……what ever. Fighting over nothing……we buy what we like……. I have heard both DCS and Chord, not for me.

1 Like

I’m not fighting😂. I just don’t get why someone who’s sold all their Naim equipment feels the need to constantly post negatively about the gear that they no longer own. It’s got nothing to go with personal taste. I have said all that I’m going to say now .

7 Likes

That’s just it, as i wasn’t the one saying anything about the 552dr, and i have never even owned a nd555. I wasn’t the one that even mentioned it, so can’t see what’s the problem here.

I drive my Kudos 808s with one NAP500DR, which I try to convince myself is good enough. However, whenever I’ve heard the system at Cymbiosis I’ve been blown away just how realistic it sounds. There are several issues besides the cost which present a challenge though. Firstly, of course Naim Audio no longer manufactures the active crossover. This might lead to using an Exposure crossover or waiting for the rumoured Kudos option. Secondly, there’s the Fraim requirement and general space constraints. Thirdly a need for two more sets of speaker cables. Sadly, I cannot really see that it’s viable in my case.

1 Like

That is a strange statement imho. I have been here since 2003 - last I looked it is an open forum with many non Naim or partial Naim owners posting. The “why bother” comment confuses me (?)

1 Like

You missed an additional 10sqmm connection to the national grid!

1 Like

because as grown ups (for the most part) we can all do what we like dude

1 Like

Lets Try To Be (more) Agreeable…

3 Likes

I’ve been holding out getting another 4 x 135s to go 6 pack with my DBLs. I’m very excited with the launch of the 350. Anybody actually heard it yet? Best of all did a A/B with existing benchmarks. Thanks.

If the NC250 is any indicator, they should be fantastic. The new design is lightning quick like the 135’s. The PRaT is amazing. The 250DR I owned and the 300DR I extensively demo’d aren’t close.

4 Likes

Thanks. I’m also googling for some under the hood photos to check out the size of the transformer etc.

1 Like

I asked Naim about using these active to replace the 300DRs I’m using with my SL2s. The reply was yes they’d be fine but we’re not sure the necessary handed din to xlr cables are going to be produced for this. Shame if not !

Tempted. No - Straight in and ordered 3, so my centre speaker is matched for AV duties also, Replacing an aged 300 and 145 combo for the front of the room.

5 Likes