NAP300 none DR

There’s no bad amps but for similar money a used standard 300 looks to have the legs on 250DR which shouldn’t be a surprise really.

1 Like

That’s a fair comment. Should we expect a 300 to be better than a 250 regardless of DR? I’d expect the answer to be yes. This is law of diminishing returns though. Even more so with 500 series.

I really thought that was it when I arrived at a 250, but it never really did it for me. The 300DR that replaced it was when everything really started to fall into place.

Interestingly I looked up prices of pre-dr 250’s. But considering those, and what the service/DR would cost, I’d prefer to pay a tiny bit more and just buy a new one. The difference is not worth it.

Will try, thanks for the tip

With the cable re-arrangements, virtually no cost, so I will try. I’m thinking I may want to wait for the system to settle a bit more as both 300DR and 555DR PS are only about 6 weeks in ? (powered for 6 weeks and perhaps playing music for 60-70 hours)

As for the Fraim, I’ll give it some thought but once I have an empty shelf I may be tempted to fill it with another black box ! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I do understand the point you are making, but to be fair to the person selling the item, he does include the following statement in his advertisement:

“Collection advised, you will be able to view and listen but willing to use courier if needs be .
Not sure on cost but can find out .”

Surely that’s even worse?

I agree with you. Probably not the best choice of words in his description. I would like to hope, he means it is available buy without being seen and will dispatch by courier. :blush:

Not sure there’s going to be a 272 successor?

I think the question is and especially when people are trying to keep the box count low to 3-4 boxes how many separates do Naim still sell today 202 onwards?

It will be a shame if Naim dont release a 272 replacement but at the price of a possible 5k plus it better spank my 272/555DR :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Before the 250DR is boxed for despatch I’m playing Radio Paradise mellow mix Flac via a Node 2i coax feed into the 272/555DR and it sounds absolutely wonderful the 250 is an astonishing bit of kit I do hope the 300 pre DR is as good!!

I would like to think that the possible 272 replacement, would be capable of utilising a 555PS. :blush:

Hopefully both 555 power outlets too.

Yes, now that would be Xmas.

I found the powerline gave a very nice uptick to my 300DR …just saying!

M

1 Like

I’ll stick my neck out and say it’ll make your 250DR sound ‘broken’. :wink::grinning:

I do think you’ll be impressed with the 300 though. :+1:t5:

1 Like

Already have two Powerlines in place one on the 555 the other on the 250 so we are set.

The anticipation is killing me!!

Wakey-wakey SL2s :pensive::sleeping::grin:

I just got myself a 250DR partnered with a 272 and am super happy and then this thread shows up… It never ends does it.

Just purchased a 5 level FramLite but needed only 4 right now. I know where this will end so…

1 Like