Nap500

Here’s an idea on how to keep your current rack while adding the NAP500.

It’s unorthodox… but it looks good! :star_struck:

Plus, it will allow you to add a second 555 PS to your NDS :wink:

3 Likes

I would not sail in that. Looks top heavy to me. Besides you have to see if the cable dressing makes sense as well i guess

1 Like

Interesting idea thank you!

1 Like

Bit like this, same rack as i once had and the 500 on top, changed massively to this nowadays but gives you an idea

5 Likes

I’ve resisted the temptation to set it up tonight. Came home late and tired and it might not have ended well :grimacing:

Much as I like the idea of putting the 500 on display on top of the rack my kids and cats would leave me a nervous wreck. It’s a shame because there’s so much more visual appeal than the front fascia alone.

It would all be ready for Sunday and partially warmed up :wink:

Don’t forget a few warm up exercises before lifting it though :rofl:

It’s only 25kg. The Line magnetic Tube amp I had was 45kg. Then we’re talking :smile:

I’m pleased to report the 300 still sounds phenomenal even with a 500 breathing down its neck :sunglasses:

3 Likes

The cats will go to the warmest spot, the 500 at idle isn’t naturally warm
Mine love to sit on the phonostage which doubles up as another radiator and is the highest spot

Lyndon

How was the fishing Lyndon?

Did you decide on the 500 non-DR? I got a bit lost….

1 Like

Yes 500 over 300DR. 500DR wasn’t an option unfortunately.

1 Like

Probably need to start a new thread in what was the padded cell
So talking RDAA waters
Last week went to the Thames up at Sandford, right by a weir but had no flow at all downstream
Just got beaten up by the Crays
Reading a few posts today on the RDAA, there was a bloke stick float fishing at Burghfield and the float wasn’t moving
For me I’m looking at Barbel
I need flow, went to a nearly near river the Lea at St Albans mid week, got there at 7 and left by 8
We need water
I’m East London so I’m not going waste a 180 mile round trip, my car does lots of things well but fuel economy isn’t one of them, there’s a 6.2l V8
I’m looking at the Fens for the weekend, I have a KLAA ticket, I’d like to catch some decent Rudd, I’ll have other rods on a baited spot for Carp / Tench
I’d like to get a river 30

Lyndon

1 Like

Great, let us know how it goes. Very exciting.

1 Like

While I get you’re talking about fishing for those of us outside the UK probably won’t get 50% of that post. :grin:

1 Like

:joy: don’t you just love carping !

2 Likes

Indeed

3 Likes

My 500 feels distinctly warm to the touch, I’d geuss around 40C as does the ND555 and even a couple of the power supplies are noticeably warm. I’m using 5m of NACA5 into NBLs so I think it’s just the effect of 30C ambient. I’ve even started turning the amp off at night when I remember.

The strip down has begun… :grimacing:

9 Likes

Nice rack

2 Likes