Nap500

Very happy with my 552 (no DR), 500 (no DR), CD555 (no DR), ND5xs 2/nDac/PS555 (no DR), Naca 5 driving passive DBLs. Very balanced and hugely musical system. Most kit 15-20 years old (but serviced 2020). No plans to go DR route :wink:

9 Likes

Lets hope Naim resurrect the DR upgrade option…

3 Likes

The aesthetics dilemma of the 500 being too big is currently holding me back from upgrading my 300DR to a 500/DR.
Of course I accept the 500/DR is the better amp, but then there is always something better.
I think 552+300 (DR or not) is a very good place to be.
Or are you missing something from your current setup?

3 Likes

Maybe upgrade the NDS to a ND555 ?

I’m sure @NeilS can advise here.

1 Like

Thanks I’d really appreciate confirmation.

I’m sure that’s going to happen at some point anyway…

Anyone know the cost to service a NAP500 also am I right in thinking only Naim can carry out the service not Class A if so long timescales…

Please note I’m extremely happy with my NAP300 none DR, just curious :slightly_smiling_face:

Good luck @Stu299 trying to find a 500 that ticks your boxes.

1 Like

Darran confirmed to me he doesn’t service 500 series so it’s a trip back to HQ.

Dealer quoted me £899 for a service. Hope it’s ok to post that.

Just curious :joy:

1 Like

Thanks, I had 2k in mind !!!

Was that just for the head unit or the 500 ps as well. The official price lists are on the Signals site and it can be read as £899 each?

I wondered exactly the same. I did check this with my dealer and he said 899 for both but he didn’t seem entirely sure if I’m honest.

My gut feeling is its £899 each, the head unit is a bit of a nightmare to work on as it is? Hopefully i am wrong and someone can confirm.

Oh well in for a penny in for a pound. It’s a 12 year investment.

Having been in the mix with servicing quotes in the last few weeks
I can confirm
Nap 500 £900
Nap 500 £900

So that’s £1800, obviously you wouldn’t service one box without the other but you’ll end up with the amp as it was new
The service is good for 15 years

I’ve gone through this process myself with one of mine a few years ago

Lyndon

2 Likes

I guess I wasn’t far off with my 2k estimate once courier charges are factored in.

Still if a NAP500 can be found for £5.5k you will have one of the best amps Naim has to offer for £7.3k a third of the price of a new 500DR unit :wink:

1 Like

Thanks. Bit annoying my dealer couldn’t fathom this!

1 Like

A 500 perhaps :smiley:

1 Like

That said I had a 552DR serviced at Naim a few months back. Dealer charged me £1k :thinking:

Thats a lot off money to get them both serviced.
Glad i only paid £8500 for a dr500 a few years back now