Could we please have an update on the native Qobuz integration promised for last week? Thanks
Richard has already undertaken yesterday to liaise with Naim in order to try and provide an update - refer to Qobuz thread.
I believe there are one or two final issues currently being dealt with in the Beta, but I’ve asked Naim for clarification on this.
I use Roon. Will there be any advantage in using the Qobuz integration on an ND555?
I can’t see that it will bring any advantage, unless you prefer the simpler use of the Naim app to Roon. It will be integrated into the Naim app in the same way that Tidal is.
If you continue to use Roon, that will not be changed by the Naim/Qobuz integration.
Firmware coming the week starting Feb 10 and app update coming this week per Richard.
I also use Roon and plan to continue using it. I use an iPad Pro for a Roon controller. The user experience is far better than the Naim app, which doesn’t even take advantage of the increased resolution of iPad Pro, not to mention the unacceptable lag every time I open the app.
Latest update on Qobuz is here:
Are there beta tester trying it ?
Yes…the usual testing going on in the background…just folks listening to music and reporting back any findings.
They could report here, to give some first impressions, not?
That’s unlikely. Almost any beta testing agreement will bind testers to non-disclosure. I cannot imagine Naim doesn’t use confidentiality agreements.
No thats not allowed…you could ask to join, though. One of the difficulties is, if nobody on the beta testing has a particular problem posted in the forum…their testing of a new beta firmware is perhaps not as helpful to the Naim team?
Yes, probably Gazza. I am just curious to know if Qobuz integrated sounds better vs Tidal and vs Qobuz / Roon.
Sorry, I will have to give my opinion on Qobuz, on Feb 10th. Being on my 3 rd ND555, i tried Tidal each time…it was not for me. The high frequency seemed a bit rolled off imo…reverted to buying cd,s, ripping and a quick listen on Spotify to check albums out.
I didn’t want to force you Gazza. Rules are rules. I just shared my curiosity.
Appreciate the update. Look forward to the enhancements.
Next time it probably would be best to wait until beta and regression testing are complete before announcing that a release is “imminent.” Postponing a release after its announcement doesn’t create a great impression of the brand.
When it comes to software everyone does that. LOL
I don’t think that’s the issue, it’s the lack of communication. This latest update was well after the initially reported week had passed. I think most people are fine with postponement, but just provide an update in time if you’re not going to make the deadline you communicated yourself.
I may have missed this but will the Qobuz integration include the previous generation uniti series such as unitilite, super and ‘qute?