Native Qobuz update

Starting the Muso, iPad and phone were my first port of call. I have a Cyrus streamer which has Qobuz native to it. It was working this morning before I did the update so i will go and check that now! Thanks

Just tried the Cyrus streamer - works fine. Have just logged out and in to Qobuz but didnā€™t make any difference. Qobuz on phone, iPad, Cyrus Streamer, Chromecast work normally I.e, full streaming. Itā€™s only the native Qobuz on the Qb2 not allowing full streams!

It may be that you have exceeded the limit for the number of devices Qobuz will allow you to use at any one time. I canā€™t remember what that limit is off the top of my head, but if you sign out of one, it will then allow you to sign in on another.

1 Like

i think that there is a clause buried deep in the qobuz contract limiting the number of devices that you can run qobuz on (i think it was 3 devices - so phone ipad cyrus). naim tend to be punctilious about such things so it may be they are getting an error code from qobuz and not connecting) - check the contract or maybe contact qobuz support - i may well have missrembered

1 Like

Thanks for all your help. Youā€™d never believe it but I signed out and back in again this morning and all is back working again. I had done that 3 times last night to no avail!

1 Like

i should have mentioned that is what happened to me - but couldnā€™t see how it would have mattered so didnā€™t mention it.
enjoy the music

1 Like

by the way i have found a reference to multiple devices on qobuz - in case you have problems in future:

ā€œBy logging in with the same credentials on two different devices, music streaming will not be possible. One of the two devices will have to be disconnected in order to unlock streaming access, and then reconnect each device with individual accounts.ā€

Thanks indexical, I will remember that.

Updated qb2 without issueā€¦muso 2 advises firmware up to date, but isnā€™tā€¦ thoughts?

1 Like

SW was released for Muso Qb2 was released Monday, Muso2 just on Wednesday.
Iā€™d be patient throughout Thursday at leastā€¦ (timezones, regional differences in distribution / ā€œwavesā€ for roll-out, any ā€œscheduled checksā€ on the clients, ā€¦).

When I play the track ā€˜Le Rappel des oiseauxā€™ by Vikingur Olafssson on Qobuz it sticks after about 10 seconds for about 3 secs, then it continues playing For a few secs and then sticks again.

It does this the same each time I play it.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Hi Jim, plays OK on my QB2

Ok - thanks Gazza.

Thatā€™s very useful to know.

Itā€™s an odd one - my system with Qobuz doesnā€™t do that on any other track that Iā€™ve noticed.

Might be worth unplugging, power up, if its still consistently doing it inform Naim. On the new streamers some including myself had the problem you mention, which was a memory issueā€¦they readjusted the firmware. But i have been playing tracks from Qobuz for at least 2 months on the beta software with no issues.

1 Like

I have just updated the Mu-so 2 this afternoon ā€¦ no problems.

1 Like

Updated a week ago and so far no problems. Just want to thank developers and beta testers for a great piece of work that makes a vast difference to my personal enjoyment of the Muso.

3 Likes

Similar here ā€¦ Iā€™m finding the native Qobuz a joy to use, perhaps not a perfect app (no doubt constrained by the Qobuz api) but workable for me. Streaming connection to a track is very fast. SQ is excellent and on par, if not better, with my previous Audirvana/AirPlay method ā€¦ and I donā€™t have to sit tethered to a computer.

Iā€™ve found the harder Iā€™ve tried to sort Qobuz out the worse itā€™s been.
All I get on the NDX2 is the free trial screen. Iā€™ve used the Qobuz app and then connected the NDX2 to it. Worked ok yesterday but sh*t today.
After the fanfares itā€™s time Naim fixed this problem before we all go mad!

You are set to 192kHz?

This plays fine on my NDX2 but I still have stuttering on some 192 material. The ā€˜Stones ā€˜Let it Bleedā€™ for example does as you describe.

G

I have often had problems playing 192kHz files.

But I generally listen to Tidal via the MConnectHD app, which mostly sends files with lower sampling rates than that.