Native Qobuz update

What I don’t get that when one has Naim or any other serious audio brand that you would be satisfied with Spotify quality. I spoke with a friend who uses Linn and also talked about how he liked Spotify with the playlists etc…

I certainly see your point, that’s why I’m waiting to see what Qobuz is like. I have heard positive experiences with the quality of the service. In the case of Spotify my wife and I both love the ease of use and the breadth of the content and playlists. On the flip side I enjoy playing DSD files off the SSD card on the unit as well.

1 Like

Not much to say other than I like it, prefer to Tidal, sounds more natural…and just as good as my uniti Core server. So for me its a bit of a game changer, where i was buying 20 plus cd,s a month…now just Qobuz.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback… yes I no longer buy cds and digital downloads.

Have updated to 3.4 on my ND555, logged onto Qobuz and tried to get the free trial. The Qobuz site stated that the (30 day?) free trial was no longer available. When I went back into the app and selected Qobuz, there it was. I selected Western Stars from Bruce Springsteen as I knew it was available in 24 bit, selected it to play but I am only getting 30 second samples of each track.

Is this indeed the limitations for the free trial or am I missing something?

I found Spotify to be the best of all the streaming services, in all respects except for sound quality. Of course that’s a deal breaker for most of us, but if it was just for background music, or ‘try before you buy’ use, I would still consider it.

3 Likes

I’ve use Qobuz and Tidal for quite sometime, 95% of the time via my Naim or mobile I choose Qobuz, though via mobile I still prefer Tidal MQA full unfold using a USB DAC.

1 Like

I am still on the free trial and have been playing full albums without any problems Western Stars being one of them so I would think something is wrong somewhere.

Listening to Ayo at the moment very good.

Qobuz working great but every time I close the Naim app it signs me out. On both my iOS devices :thinking:

1 Like

I didn’t realise you have to hand over your card details and subscribe before you get the free trial.

Done that and listening to Bruce Springsteen’s Western Stars in hi res via Qobuz and it is sounding very good.

Interestingly, I listened to the 16 bit version of Melody Gardot’s Currency Of Man last night and I see it is in 24 bit on Qobuz, so will listen to this next.

Something wrong there…perhaps turn off and log in again to Qobuz

I am experiencing the same thing. If I close the Naim app, it logs me out of Qobuz.

1 Like

You can cancel immediately and still get the free month if you’re worried about forgetting.

I’ve reset my Nd5xs2, deleted and reinstalled the apps on iPhone and iPad. Now rebooting router to see if it helps.

I started a Qobuz trail today: 30 days listening for free. Some quick comparison led me to the following preliminary conclusions on sound quality from Best to good:

1. Qobuz via Naim app
  2. Ripped CD via Roon
  3. Qobuz via Roon
  4. TIDAL via Naim app
  5. TIDAL via Roon

Still listening and playing but so far the results are surprising. I love Roon for ease of use, but for serious listening it looks like direct streaming via the Naim app is the better option.

5 Likes

Native Qobuz apps are staying signed and working fine.

Seems you have not signed up. I got a second free trial initiated via the Qobuz App and it used Apple at £33/month for Studio. Best to cancel (via Apple ID subscriptions) and then choose a plan on the web site. I’m not sure how many free trial one can get.

Phil

Up and running but streaming a “hi res” album on max quality settings.

App saying it’s only flax 96.0kHz @ 24 bit…

Was thinking it would be higher …

I’m having a Qobuz mare…signed up for the free trial.

Can log in and out of the website with no worries. So the login details are correct.

I can’t log in to either the IOS app…or the Naim integrated app!!

What am I doing wrong.

Is your firmware and app version up to date?

1 Like