ND 555 to NAC 252

Feedback welcome…

I have an ND 555 connected to NAC 252 via a Naim Superlumina DIN.

The dealer has put the SL DIN into the Tuner input of the 252. I’ve generally used the CD input in previous similar systems, no real logic other than I’d assumed the CD was digital and streamer similar.

Any evidence based views on which input selector on 252 to plug in the SL from ND555 please?

Thanks.

1 Like

On the older preamps 72,32 etc the tuner was commonly used but on a modern amp I don’t see what difference this would make.

I recently changed input from CD to Tuner when connecting my NDX2 to 252. The improvement in sound quality was certainly noticeable so have not changed back. Only way to tell is to trust your ears.

Could the choice of input be to do with routing the cable so it doesn’t touch anything?

Good thinking, yes I think that is why the Naim dealer has chosen Tuner primarily.

Apparently the input circuitry also needs “burning in” so give it some time if you haven’t used the Tuner input before.

The 252/SC snaic does not carry signal but DC power and discussion is against the forum rules.

We do not permit discussion of modifications to internal components of Naim equipment and this also extends, at the Moderators’ discretion, to products from other manufacturers. This also applies to discussion of companies who undertake unauthorised modifications to Naim equipment.

Modification extends to the use of 3rd party or home-made power supplies and any cabling that carries DC power between Naim equipment.

on my 252 I have my NDX through CD and LP12 through AUX 2

I think there was a school of thought which said tuner was the shortest path, I have never tried it on the LP12 but just might to see if more music

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.