ND5 XS 2 or NDX 2 with Nait XS 2

Hi Mr.M, I use dbpoweramp to rip my CDs, convert file types, edit metadata and album artwork. I then move them to my USB SSD drive which is plugged into my NDX 2 USB port. The Naim app is plenty good for me so far so I use it to select between artists, albums etc. and can play random tracks from all albums by a particular artist or genre.

I ripped my SACD collection via my Oppo 105 and these files are also copied onto the drive.

For most other music I use the built in Tidal app with my HiFi subscription. For background radio, usually BBC radio 2, I use the built in internet radio.

I am afraid I can’t comment on actual streaming as I don’t use it.

I use a Mk2 Zen, so much the same as the Mk3 but can’t take an external psu and no digital op. I run it Ethernet via a switch to my Nova. I think it’s an excellent fuss free piece of kit and a doddle to use.

1 Like

I use the Uniti Core,which is in a different room and connected through internal Ethernet. I wanted a system that was seperate to my computers and dedicated hi-fi.

Thanks to those giving feedback on server/ripper. Food for thought!

I have moved recently from a Synology DS214 NAS over Ethernet, using DBPoweramp, MacBook Air, and external CD drive to rip, to a Naim Uniti Core with SSD connected by a SPDIF interconnect (TQ Black Waveform) directly into my DAC.

This move to the Core has improved ease of ripping, lower physical noise, and improved sound quality.

My ND5XS2 is connected, also via TQ Black Waveform, into the second SPDIF digital in to my Chord DAC. This is a great source for Tidal and Internet radio, that can also access the Core via Ethernet (Melco connects and Cisco 2960 - thank you forum).

I am VERY pleased with this setup.

Also worth considering are the Melco (e.g. N1A /2) and Innuous Zen / Zenith.

1 Like

Now in my 4th week of NDX 2 and SN2 ownership and use the Naim app sometimes and Roon others. Whether playing files via attached SSD, Tidal or Quobuz, it all sounds good :ok_hand:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.