ND555 at Olive System

Not much helps with gout sadly. I did try whisky which helped for a while.

1 Like

Ouch, really sorry to hear that but I thought that would be one of the worst things to trigger flare ups. I thought the only way is good clean living and exercise if possible. Alcohol to be avoided at all cost because it stops the excretion of uric acids

Don’t worry the NSS333 will be out soon. It will be interesting if the NPX300 is the final word on power supplies for that or the new NPX500 will take it to another level :sunglasses::rofl:

1 Like

Probably right. But once you have it it doesn’t seem to make much difference. I’m not a huge spirit or wine drinker normally. Prawns can trigger it. Go figure?

There are many things high in purine.

The best remedy is to lose weight with regular exercise (not possible with some and with HiFi as a hobby possibly even worse) and respect a bit the intake

1 Like

The best remedy is Allopurinol. :wink:

1 Like

Surely this has not so nice side effects on liver etc. surely, if you need it then no choice I guess

Serious side effects are highly unlikely and usually related to some other condition if they do occur. Taking it is much more preferable to going up and down stairs on my bum or not getting up to my cabin in the garden for listening sessions :blush:

Wow - my thread is going medical …
Did anyone found out that I am a pharmacist by profession :slight_smile:
Sorry to hear, that you suffer from gout - the batch-wise appearance must be really painful.

A nice twist to ‘viral’. Anyhow, I’m a big fan of:

What cable are you currently using between your digital source component and your pre amp?

Sorry for the divergence. Fortunately I don’t suffer from these problems. I did have some incidents flare ups in the past but try not to live like a king too much. Also with more reasonable intakes and exercise seems to have got back to normal with uric acid well within limits. I sympathise though with pain in the feet due to some incidents and without feet we are severely demobilised.

Anyway apologies and back to the NDS555 plus Olive setup that you seem to be really chuffed to bits with :smiling_face:

1 Like

Lavender - I am a big fan. Will give hi-line a chance - but at some other time, as I have to twist the third leg of fraim.
Is there any other good opportunity for interconnect? Sarum? Morgana?

Sorry - I don’t want to suppress this topic. As pharmacist and also from heart, there must always be room to talk about health.
Best regards!

1 Like

With music and decent HiFi being an integral part of it

1 Like

I would suggest high end Chord (Signature, Sarum T or Music), Witch Hat Morgana or Sean Jacobs Solid Silver (which I use) is very good.

You might be surprised at the difference but you may also find you prefer Lavender.

I would say that the cable between source and pre amp is the most important.

2 Likes

I tested Hi-line again lavender years ago (think it was with 72/250) and lavender made the race. In between a lot changed in the setup, therefore I am open to it.
Could get a used Morgana - think I will go for it :slight_smile:

This means de-plugging TT again - twisting leg… my knees still hurt (:neutral_face:)

1 Like

Used Morgana don’t come up second hand very often. Witch Hat have a spring and autumn special offer which is usually 10-15% off. But you’d have to wait for the Halloween Autumn offer now.

1 Like

For such “special” cables there is a very little market - also think, that the will not come very often as Witch Hat is very polite in their return policy.

Have had Sarum T and Hiline. Went back to Lavender. Sarum is in technical terms better. Let’s more information through and all such. Lavender keeps it together and focus on music engagement, not HIFI. All ears and systems are different though.