ND555 at Olive System

Good choice :+1:

1 Like

Sorry - me again.
What about wireless - never tried with ND5XS2…
There is plasterboard wall between streamer and router - but it less than 1,5 m in distance:
Is this an option?

If you don’t want to have drop outs, better choose a switch. However you can try WIFI using your Nd5xs2. You put back the antennas at the rear side and enable Wifi. Can’t say for the wall plastic board….

1 Like

Just made a quick test and I found ethernet to sound better. I think it is all in the head :slight_smile:
Currently going through the EE8 thread - damn this is a long one… Hopefully there will be some words in the EE8 soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

I go from router to C2960C-8PC-L Cisco to English Electric 8 to NDX 2

2 Likes

So - bought a lot of stuff today…
ND555/555PSDR
EE8 Switch
Clearway Chord Ethernet 5m
Cisco 2960 (used and cheap for testing :slight_smile: )

Thanks to all of you…
Keep you posted when the new stuff is here

Hopefully all is fine and I will have a spare ND5XS2/nDAC/XPS, which I possibly can hook on the Nait 2 CB :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I use SH white Cisco 2960 after router into EE8 - ND5XS2 - nDAC/555DR - 52 - 135s - SL2s.

Using mainly Blue Jeans Ethernet cables except the free Chord Ethernet cable that came with the EE8 from the EE8 to the streamer.

Sounds marvellous. :grinning:

2 Likes

Big shopping day for you!
I just bought some spaghettis for this evening, with beef and mashed tomatoes :laughing:

15 Likes

LOL - You made my day!

1 Like

I bought the blue one
2960 WS-C2960-8TC-L V02
Is this also OK?

To be honest - do not unterstand why I should use both switches. Is it not enough with:
Router → EE8 → ND555

1 Like

I had purchased a used Cisco C2960C-8PC-L switch to replace a Cisco SG110D 110 Series 5-Port Unmanaged Network Switch. When I made the change I thought it improved the sound.

When my dealer told me the EE8 would improve the sound and offered a demo. I took a new EE8 switch home connected it to the Cisco switch and again there was improvement and a few days later called him and gave him my Credit Card number.

I don’t understand how or why but for the majority of the folks who have tried it have reported an improvement. Other have tried other switches within their network and reported improvements as well. I believe there are some members who have tried switches and have not noticed improvements.

A lot of factors to consider, system, room, and our own hearing capabilities. It could be real or perhaps just magic!

If the combo does not work hopefully you can return for a refund.

Look forward to hearing how it worked out for you.

2 Likes

Smart move Drago, I think your new purchase will be excellent. Don’t worry about the SBLs. They always reveal improvements made upstream and especially with better sources in my experience.

5 Likes

You don’t need . One should be enough. But some prefer to use two, in cascade, to uplift the sound quality. Not all. You will be able to experiment.

Yes, just the EE8 is fine.

Try it with and without the Cisco and see if there’s a difference.

The Cisco does different things functionally to network signal distribution and processing than the EE8.

Many who have added a linear power supply to the EE8 enjoy the effect that has on sound too - although I have not tried that myself.

Some people hear no difference when they add switches.

2 Likes

Found it - Burndy length is 1,25m

Following with interest.

When do you expect to be listening to your new boxes?

1 Like

That depends on the shipping company.
It is handled via express agent - no classic DHL. To be on the safe side.
Think it could be till Monday 8.05 :frowning:

Exciting keep us posted :grin:

1 Like

You know, that I will do this :slight_smile: :rofl:

1 Like

The system is 52/135s/NDS/606s.
Not had chance to try it yet, but given how fantastic the NDS sounds I am pretty sure it will be a winning combination. I am looking for a quiet time when the family is out to give it a try ( olive stuff is in open space - main system is in separate room )

1 Like