ND555 now in place

Mine 555ps are also both 2022. fresh and clean

FFS radio?

Nice try for famous last words :rofl:

1 Like

Guys I have to prepare some dinner now. Is there a podcast somewhere where I can follow this?

6 Likes

If you look at thread I have had a laugh doing it. It’s been entertaining.

I have been objective. If I paid full price I would have felt differently. But I was never gonna do that!

And thing is with money it comes and goes. You can’t take it with you!

I’m glad you feel justified in your decisions. These are jot the answers some guys wanted. But for me I am hapoy with ND555. It has slight edge. But not big at all.

My ears are good and I am objective at times. The test wasn’t easy as I wanted ND555 to sound better.

It goes to show the mind has massive impact when you buy something. You want it to sound better and so it does.

2 PSUs sounds so good though!

5 Likes

Mate we have to be soooooo careful about stating how good our systems are so not to upset some folk.

2 Likes

NRJ Techno

1 Like

Yeah. I think that 2 more 500DRs and S1 , Snaxo and Supercap DR and new speakers is pushing it mate.

But 2 more 500DRs and the rest possible apart from S1. Just about. Might have to kill someone to get the S1 :muscle: :rofl:

And guys if you are sensitive that is a joke :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Good post Dan. I had an interesting conversation with Alan Gibbs of Chord Cables last year. He feels that Streaming will always be limited with current technology. The gap between NDS and ND555 is there but as Dan has heard only like putting a better cartridge on our turntables. I wonder how good a Statement Steamer can sound unless Steve Sells has reinvented the wheel as it were

3 Likes

Very correct! Fully noted and agreed :+1:

1 Like

I need a new turntable… damn … next maniac thread ? :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Had looked for solstice some times as the offers are so tempting but something held me back as I think there are nicer ones as Vertere, lp12, …

1 Like

System adjusting to 2 PSUs. So my advice is get 2 PSUs 555PSDRs.

As for streaming NDS vs ND555 I always wanted an ND555 and got one for a steal.

The ND5XS2 with NDS is better value for money. Or some other kind of bridge to enable the NDS to use Qobuz and better streaming platform.

Overall ND555 has slight edge. The test I would say is done! Thanks for listening…

9 Likes

Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

But I am still angry that won’t gave me the chance to feel as your
IMG_0942
For a split second :rofl:

2 Likes

Go LP12 Klimax. It’s the best apart from Cohen’s.

Why not go LP12 Aro Klimax?

1 Like

Budget… this can’t go on with that speed :rofl:

2 Likes

Do it man! Sell some of your old gear first.

2 Likes

Oh no… can not do it… but you have the point # when not using - better loosing. Dunno

Don’t be snail with a shell on your back. Be a slug and move quickly ! :muscle:

1 Like

I like snails - always pick the up to the side when they „run“ over the sidewalk

1 Like