ND555 now in place

Unfortunately easy to crush. Slugs more slippery and more nimble.

And then you eat them?

1 Like

No … I only want them to be alive. You have no idea how people are looking when some guy cares for tiny animals… especially in a major city

1 Like

I would never eat slugs or snails unless they are from a certified restaurant. They will kill you.

Decided to have a rest from streaming. Playing Animals LP12. The new racking set up isn’t too bad for LP12. I don’t think my test of jumping next to it was fair! Walking normally to and from turntable has no adverse effect on jumping. Maybe a standard shelf instead of medium and lowering the 500DR will help. Can always put Zoneripper under LP12.

1 Like

You will only ever be number 2 :laughing:
But hopefully it will go some way to some folk on here that i only say it how i hear it, and i don’t do it for any reason whatsoever apart from giving my honest impression.
That goes for all my posts on here, and like them or not, it’s nice for once to see i am not the bad boy. Lol.

Cheers dunc

Ps, Dan is not in a relationship with me, before anyone asks. :smile:

3 Likes

Dunc,

Sometimes people don’t want to listen. I am guilty of that for sure.

We have a preconcieved idea. Invest a tonne of money in kit and say to ourselves it sounds so much better.

The mind is strong and when we get that kit and it sounds good we say Yes! This is so much better.

I found the ND5XS2 bare sounded really good with 52 and 500DR. It sounded brighter, less bass but very good.

Being objective about things and trying these comparisons maybe is the answer for all going forwards.

I am glad I gave your idea the chance it deserved.

Me and Dunc have tried for a baby but things didn’t work out! :rofl:

2 Likes

You are so right Dan.
They tried to put me down in every way possible, and here we are.
As i said back then, doing like this, There is no where to hide.
I can also see why dealer’s dont like you asking for this way to be demonstrated.

Also, i told you i couldn’t have any more kids, i had the snip years ago.

2 Likes

What are you hearing? I’m not convinced with farad3 on it but that’s after 4 glass of red wine. Judgements are bit out of control. :smile:

FWIW my Ansuz D2 switch (5500 EUR) contains a Mean Well SMPS. Same brand Lindemann use.

Back to the real world now

I guess the next thing to try is swapping the power supplies round, as i know it will sound different doing this, and i also know which way round sounds best.
As in which is better on the digital side, against the analogue side.

3 Likes

I did the test thoroughly and carefully. It’s full 500 DR system, all in good condition. Powerlines throughout. Both PSUs were powered up and warm. It’s pretty conclusive I would say.

I tried variety of music. NAS and internet radio. ND555 had advantage all the way with cabling and better position on rack. Swapped the PSUs over. Difference is neglible in SQ.

Make of it what you will. The test has been a surprise. But the laughs and banter on here and sharing the results to all have been worthwhile.

I have done that already. The non Naim sounds better mate. Was that your conclusion?

1 Like

Dont put ideas in Dan’s head!:rofl:

2 Likes

Swapped them over. Wow! Just what noone wants to hear yet again.

I think Dan can get in trouble all by himself :joy:

2 Likes

I’m a big boy and have always caused and made alot of trouble.

1 Like

I think you are correct!

1 Like

I believe you :smile:

1 Like

Do you get alot more power with 3 x 500DRs?

How good was the Russian Techno my friend?