ND555 now in place

I’m glad you’re enjoying it. Have you still got 555PS?

1 Like

The one you want though is 101 RuNRJ Techno. You have 101RuTechHouse. The NRJTechno is harder!

Not wrong, but both were in that case a bit impacted in the same way.

There are multiple ways to do the test. I have lived with the NDS for a long time.and know it well. The ND555 sounds a bit better. But very similar living with it day to day. I have tried to conduct the test in an unbiased manner. I have nothing to gain by saying they sound similar and sound quality difference is minimal.

4 Likes

Great ! :+1:t2:

1 Like

Sold it. Getting the Linn Klimax DSM with good trade-in on the 272. So lots more dancing to come!

3 Likes

Silly
What’s the point off have multiple inputs then?
You saying you can’t connect a turntable then or tape machine.

4 Likes

Some will always say it wasn’t done right, due to this or that. But the test results are there.
You cannot go from memory alone as that is completely flaunt with loads more problems, than a straight switch between 2 units.

Also what if someone tested say a linn dac or dCS dac, and it smashed the nd555 x twin power supplies into next week, but then i did the direct switch test and i could tell the difference, what would you say then to how the test was done ???
Very different i say.

Cheers dunc

2 Likes

I’ve had to change the stacking order as was getting jumping on LP12. So now KRadikal 2 under LP12.

Playing New Order Substance on LP12. OMG the bass is on another planet. House is rocking, plaster blowing off the walls. I am breaking down the house with this sound!

8 Likes

I am trying to keep it so that 552 and ND555 are both on top shelves, as well as LP12 of course.

This set up seems to be working okay so far.

LP12 with well produced vinyl sounds better than anything else.

I have got the jack so I can use ND555 remote from ND555 to 552. Nice touch. Couldn’t do this with 52 before.

I am loving my system!

2 Likes

Did you ever see New Order live? I remember when they played a secret gig in Leicester and I went to get tickets, which the band themselves were selling just inside the door in the morning.

7 Likes

Have been staying this for the last number of years, NDS plus some other platform to overcome the buffer issue is as good as it gets.
Yes, it couldn’t be Naim’s current solution as the streamer board buffer issue makes it unable to work with internet services streaming HiRes out of the box, and workarounds are required.

But with 2 power supplies, attention given to the networking and decent analogue output cable, it’s there. Certainly I have not heard anything to make me want/need to change.

3 Likes

New Order were before my time so I missed out on seeing them live. Would’ve loved to see Joy Division as well. I did get to see Peter Hook with his band Monaco in the 90s and they put on a great show. Not the same of course but glad I got to experience it.

1 Like

I missed the boat on seeing them live HH. But now they are playing in my living room.

Am Depeche Mode fan as well. Bought Violator and 101.

3 Likes

I got Blue Monday on 12" today as well. So I was a young teenager when this came out. My first gig was Iron Maiden Seventh Son of a Seventh Son.

2 Likes

You’ve done well to get a 12" of Blue Monday. Very few copies were sold!

1 Like

Ah yes, Joy Division. 1979 in Bangor. One of my best ever gigs, equalled only by the Smiths a few years later. No hifi, no matter how expensive, can ever capture the sound of live music.

7 Likes

Yeah, i don’t think it’s an original. Some kind of remix from HMV. Still sounds epic though.

Of course not but sounds pretty good round my gaff!

1 Like

Human league and O M D are still great live as well, seen them loads off times, and got VIP tickets for hunam league at Birmingham in December.
Also got a music festival booked up as well

4 Likes