ND555 now in place

Wasn’t that the best selling 12" ever, blue monday?

Yes. I was trying some irony !

2 Likes

This is what I’ve got.

Gonna have to play it again. New Order Substance is classic album. Have it on CD. But Vinyl is different story.

1 Like

Missed it :laughing:

Got Dire Straits Best Of album. Spent about £200 on 5 records. Loving it though. Price of a cable maybe!

2 Likes

Same here and I love that I can relive (very closely) the experience of hearing my favorite bands live all in the comfort of my home. All good for me since I’ve aged out of wanting to be in a crowded music hall paying too much for mediocre beer and suffering fools. :smiley:

3 Likes

Blue Monday up again on LP12. Bass line on 12" absolutely awesome. Sounds so much better.

Substance is one of the better recorded digital versions I have and it sounds great. It’s part of my regular rotation.

1 Like

How does it feel?

1 Like

To treat me how you do?

2 Likes

So now Depeche Mode Violator. These albums sound amazing on LP12. Have had them on CD for donkeys years but now vinyl. Lovely experience.

1 Like

Ah New Order Substance “Everything’s Gone Green” is my favourite, quite fitting for the green place

1 Like

Buy everything from Violator backwards on LP. And as many of their 12" singles as you can get. But expect to pay though. You will not regret it. 101 a great live album btw.

1 Like

I know these albums well. On vinyl on my set up they sound incredible.

1 Like

The DAC chip is a small portion of what you hear. The analogue output stage and external filters affect the sound just as much as anything else. The analogue output stage has been optimized in the ND555.

The ND5 XS2, 222, and 333 all use the 1791A chip, but they all sound different.

So true!! Close but it’ll never be the same, IMHO

You had difficulties hearing any difference between NDS and ND555 connected at the same time to the Preamp…

An ND5XS2 works a treat.

2 Likes

New Order and The Smiths, both at Brixton Academy :fist:t2: