ND555 remote used with NDX2

Thanks, that’s what I thought. So the only difference to using the 252 remote is the presence of the cable - which may or may not matter

So in the end got so fed up with the NDX2 remote - I forked out the necessary cash to get a ND555 remote - when you put the two remotes next to each other you can even see the difference in quality…

I wsa able to get a £60 trade-in for the NDX2 remote…

So is the ND555 remote worth the money…? No… the d-type buttons are still too stiff with little movement, but the other buttons do look anf feel many times better than on the standard NDX2
remote. However overall I m happer (and poorer)… but still think the NAC272/NDX/NDS remotes are better - not only more comfortble in the hand, but even the functions available from the remote are more advanced - abitity to select NAS and navigate files/folders, ability to play the whle content of the NAS and to select random being the main items…

Dissapointed that the even with a tablet, one still cant select all files on a NAS and play random… maybe this will be a function that Naim add in a future software update…

2 Likes

I only use one button on my ND555 remote - ‘Pause & Play’ - but I’m glad I have it as it feels a more premium product as befits the NDX2.

Enjoy

G

2 Likes

And the mute button? I assume you have to have system automation set up for that, but using two buttons doubles the value of the remote! Actually, now I think about it, I occasionally adjust the volume by using the ND555 remote. But I agree with @Fernar that the NDS offered a more useful remote and display interface.

1 Like

For me a remote with sharp corners and edges whilst looking nice and is completely impractical.
Remotes by their nature get dinged and dented.
The remote for my ndx2 gets used rarely, so still looks good. But yes, the D buttons are hard to press and don’t fell like the rest of the buttons.

That’s also how I use the ND555 remote. It’s more practical than the app to mute or change the volume.

Since the ND555 is a bit far and out of sight from the listening position, the remote is useless for other purposes. But that’s where the app comes in.

Not mine at £700!

G

Having seen the replacement price I’m looking for some form of protection for mine??

1 Like

Wow. £700. I think I’d have to keep it wrapped and bring it out for special days.
I do wonder how stuff like this gets priced.

1 Like

Didn’t like the look or feel of the NDX2 remote.

Much preferred the ergonomics of the one that came with the supernait 2.

The old 252 remote between the two but not keen on the white buttons. There’s probably a more up to date one though.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.