ND555 software update?

@naimsupport

Please can you give an update RE airplay 2 etc for new streamers? Communication with your customers is crucial. Thank you.

@Richard.Dane you might be able to provide some assistance.

I’ve asked Naim for an update.

I’ve been informed that Airplay2 is included with the v3.3 software release and that is currently undergoing Beta testing. It will be made available once testing is successfully concluded.

1 Like

Richard…do you know if there is a list/table any where that shows which Naim products support Airplay2 directly either now or planned for in near future? I’ve had a quick look around and not obvious to me, would be quite useful?

Thanks

Jack, I don’t know of any list, but AFAIK the Mu-Sos and Unitis currently have Airplay 2 and the streamers with the new streaming platform will have Airplay2 with the upcoming new V3.3 software release.

Ok thanks, Richard

@naimsupport

One month on - any update?

Its still being tested in beta forum.

Six weeks further on - any update?

Still in beta testing

Reassuringly late, then…

Best to talk to Naim. The upgrades are significant. Timing and content should come from Naim. They are on the case to my mind.

What will Airplay 2 allow us to do?

I think Airplay2 (vs. AirPlay, the original series) – in terms of the Naim streamers – is more about multi-room support than anything else. If you don’t use multi-room features (and I do not with my NDX2) I don’t see what – if any – benefit it adds for Naim streamers.

Thanks

It allows you to use Apple multiroom when playing over Airplay from an iPhone or iPad. This was previously only possible from a Mac. So not really that important for most Naim users, unless perhaps you have other non-Naim Airplay devices that you want to use in a multiroom group that includes a Naim streamer.

Software update announced today!

See here:

And, and, and what is this firmware update 3.3.1 impact on SQ? :nerd_face:

Chag -