NDX 2 - Display Limitation

Agree with your view on this. It would be nice to be able to customize display format/options. For example I would think it will be nice to display each track info/album art for a specified duration (say the first 10 secs) during playback. The layout should also be customizable.

Hope this is something the software team can implement some day.

1 Like

In the basis you are right HH. But if you want to make the younger people enthousiastic about Naim I do think that a more mature app would help.

Thake a look at how Spotify does this very well IMHO

That’s an intresting point. Many of the old duffers on here ( myself included) will be happy with the naim app. I was happy enough not to bother with roon. But a younger demographic will have different expectations.

1 Like

Exactly!

Talking about display functionality, what about the HDX of which I still have fond memories …

2 Likes

DCS Mosaic has a nice feature in that it retains the play queue in the streamer memory so you can still access it from any device running mosaic say 24 hours or more later. It is very stable but a bit limited in search features.
The main downside is that Mosaic doesn’t have a FLAC Internet radio capability-mainly due to the aggregator service that DCS use. A workaround is to use roon - if one is OK with the lesser SQ of roon compared with direct streaming and hence buffering using Mosaic (same principles vs. Roon as the Naim app/firmware or Auralic Lightning DS, which is what I now use in my main system).

2 Likes

But you have Auralic now. How the app? You will have Amazon HD apparently too with it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.