Ndx 2

:slight_smile:
If your wine is horrible you’re doing it all wrong.
Conditional past tense of ‘to be’ is may / may not have been. Of has no place whatsoever in this sentence.
DAC, NDX2, DAC, ooh what will it be that keeps us entertained for another 6 months of dithering & changing tack at every opportunity? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh0ray9JnS0
Hifi is overrated. It’s a nice hobby but second place to many things that really matter, but if suddenly finding a bit of cash burning a hole in your pockets instantly means rushing out to spend it on whatever the last guy recommended on an internet forum, fill your boots.
My bet is the NDX2 followed by some months of agonising over what next, then the CD player makes a triumphant return to be crowned greatest of all time.

6 Likes

You just need a bnc cable between both, like a Naim dc1. But some have reported similar results with less costly cables also.

1 Like

One box is for sure more appealing however the nDAC is the perfect match for the ND5XS2! Exact same dimensions.

2 Likes

It’s still fairly new for me, but it’s wonderful. Great upgrade for not too much cost and kept it in the Naim family.

2 Likes

I’ve tried my nDAC/PS against a variety of much newer and more “modern” DACs; the nDAC keeps winning (and it’s the only Naim piece in my system).

It has seen off DACs from Mytek, Schiit (talk about marketing over performance), Benchmark, PS Audio, Chord, etc.

I’ve heard two DACs that I’d say are inarguably better - the dCS Rossini and the Levinson 30.6 with a 31.5 transport. Both considerably more expensive.

2 Likes

You have received it already ?

1 Like

It’s nice to have a choice. We all have a choice to make and that is really nice. I look forward to my next upgrade. Thank you for reminding me. As for overrated wine? No thanks.:sunglasses:

I’ll be interested in how you get on with a demo Stephen. I missed that you’d moved to the SN3 / Hicap. I can understand the desire to try out the NDX2 now !

James

2 Likes

Yes indeed James. I’ve always hankered after a nice Classic integrated Naim system. I owe it to myself after twenty five years of going through many entry level Naim systems to finally go for what i’ve always really desired for from day one. Now is the time. I don’t ask for much in this life ( from a gruelling working life) and i’ve worked my butt off for the last thirty years and have given it my all to my family and loved ones. Now it’s my turn and i think i fully deserve it. I’ve earn’t it, so why not. Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

13 Likes

Yes, it truly was a miracle. Local guy was selling one and I picked it up Sunday.

2 Likes

I can just imagine how good a nDAC/PS sounds! I didn’t know how good my small system could sound until I supplemented it with a pre-owned nDAC.

Hey marcusman, are you using a DC1 BNC to BNC?

Yes I am. It was a package deal.

1 Like

How is it sounding, all good in da hood?

I’m still getting used to it but it’s fantastic. The ND5XS2 is fantastic feeding the nDAC. Source first! I really wanted a NDX2(for a 1 box source instead of 2). There is no doubt my system sounds better for not a lot of money. This was a gamble and it’s paying off.

7 Likes

If we trust the ears in this place, no need to necessarily spend big bucks on a BNC cable. SiS, for instance, speaks very highly of Gotham BNC cables. Very reasonably priced and Swiss made – which should indicate good quality… :wink:

1 Like

Agreed. Luckily I got mine as a package deal.

1 Like

Who can say no to a good deal… :rofl:

Congratulations on your purchase!

2 Likes

Thanks! I really wasn’t expecting it to be honest.

1 Like

What happened to the SN2?

1 Like