NDX & SUPERNAIT Thread

Yes, just the constantly turning circle. On the Naim app, if I select ‘radio’ from the icons at the top it will not work. However, if I select radio from the list just below the icons it will work - very strange.

Same here, the factory presets work but the main menu is dead so I can’t select or add new stations. Seems it might be a vtuner issue but as long as you’re using your presets you wouldn’t notice

1 Like

Any improvement in your SQ yet? I really do hope it all settles down for you, I really like the NDX2 and SN3 combo (if the SN3 build quality was better i.e. the channel balance at low volumes!
Have you tried your NDX2 via Roon?

It’s early days as it’s only been a few hours! Did you notice much of an improvement over time with the NDX2? Ironically the Nova in to the SN3 was really good so I’m hoping it’ll surpass that in time. I’ll check my vol balance shortly and let you know

2 Likes

I left mine on overnight for the first week and a half on low volume. Or when I left the house, when in played all the time, definitely improves. I find roon better than the app, also much prefer qobuz than tidal. Also upgraded the interconnect to great benefit. Keep the faith, it’s a great pairing… took over two weeks before I was really impressed. The interconnect did send it to another level…

(Assuming it matches your speakers of course)

Yes there was some improvement with time but it was excellent out of the box (compared to ND5 XS2). If you are disappointed now, chances are that you will still be the same after a run in.
I know that many on here will report big improvements for all kit after run in but I am not so convinced. Yes there will be improvement but not night and day.
It should be out performing your Nova though, even straight out of the box.
It could be faulty/outside spec. Let’s face it, as good as Naim engineering and design is, build quality/commissioning is not perfect - I am on my second SN3 and will have to arrange for a third due to the channel imbalance

1 Like

Channel imbalance? Is one side louder than the other when set in the middle?

To be fair did sound great out of the box. But has definitely improved. Interconnect was huge for clarity in all honesty. Although some people see that as a waste, I understand. Could be something else causing the issue or the box itself. I did have to send my first NDX2 back luckily store had another one just arrived so was swapped the same day. Wouldn’t even turn on though, so clearly a different issue.

I know it’s improved for sure because at the start I was concerned with all the money I spent, now I’m just immersed in music and loving it. As I said pgrades did help though, wish they’d just come as standard…

Yes but only at very low volume levels. As the volume increases the balance centres and stays there as the volume is increased further.
Not an issue at normal volumes but on the occasions that I have to listen very quietly, it is a big problem.

2 Likes

Apologies, I have responded incorrectly. You are talking about the NDX2, I have responded about my SN3 for channel imbalance.
My NDX2 sounded great out of the box and did improve slightly with run in.
If the Nova/SN3 sounds better than than NDX2/SN3 then to me it suggests a problem but obviously give the NDX2 a month or so.

Just checked the balance at low volume - seems fine on mine

It’s cool i understood as SN3. Have the same :+1:t3:

Thanks Hollow, looks like this one is going back too!

My NDX2 was very good from out of the box. The quality issue are a concern, though I’ve had no issues with my Nova, SN2 or NDX2 myself.

1 Like

Vtuner is back up

1 Like

Have you thought about testing a free trial of roon? For some reason to me sounds way better than through the naim app. Also converts the MQA on tidal (or renders it). Qobuz is better though. I tried to put as much 24bit music through as possible… I don’t know if this technically improves the run in… but in my mind it did :slight_smile: anyway enjoy. I had my doubts at first, have been very happy the last few days and it’s been a few weeks since purchase :+1:t3:

Have to wait until Wednesday to try out my XPSDR… had to go visit family… it sits at home unopened awaiting my return… :santa:t4:

Whenever I have problems with the app, spinning wheel or can’t find rooms,I go to “other settings” and reset app.That usually sorts it out for me, but I use an NDS.

Re the front panel buttons on the right of the NDX2, I find them quite recessed and you really need to stick your finger in to activate - is this the same on everyone else’s? Also, the up/down right/left navigation buttons on the remote are a bit vague when you press them and you really need to give them a good shove, unlike the Uniti remote which was quite definite in the key action. Is it just me?

I find the ergonomics of the old streamer remote and front panel buttons much better than the new ones.

yeh the NDX2 remote is a bit naff considering the 5k price tag, I dont use it much so not a big deal. I wonder can you pick up a ND555 remote separately as it looks quite smart and is probably compatible? Maybe I’m starting a new trend of upgrading your remote!

I like the remote and find it works well.

G

1 Like