NDX & SUPERNAIT Thread

Nice room and set up, looks very comfortable. The separation between units is fine, I’d check the Burndy as per Richards advice. Some of us have glass shelves in our cabinets for decoupling, I’ve always done that so I can’t comment if not having them is detrimental.

1 Like

Ah, I see. What I’ve done is used one of the command stick-on hooks attached to the back of cabinet near th stop and then lopped the Burndy around that so it hangs freely without touching the floor, wall or other power leads. I’ve then drilled a hole behind the XPS DR so the Burndy isn’t tight going through the cabinet to the NDX 2 via that little loop. I’m not at home so can’t share a photo sorry.

1 Like

I’ll draw you a sketch.

1 Like

Thanks Mike. I’ll look to see if I can buy some loops you mentioned to avoid contact, look to see if I can drill any additional holes in the unit, then maybe pull the tv unit out a bit. Also will try and reset the burndy tomorrow when I’m recovered. All great advice. Thanks. If all of you have had success with the XPSDR will persevere, as I said have been ill so maybe that’s another additional factor! Also interested in what you said about the spendors. I auditioned the A4s or A5s with a supernait 2 last year, wasn’t as impressed when I took them home, maybe the room acoustic. Be interested to hear the A7s, am sure they’re an even bigger step up and wonderful. I love the finish and sound of the dynaudios in truth and have done me really good the last 6 months and am very fond of them…

You’ll need to visualise how this looks from behind. The key is to have the Burndy as loose and free as possible, no tights bends, so a gentle loop around the hook and not touching other power leads or speaker cables. Using the hook enables you to take up the slack to have it as free as possible.

2 Likes

Just looked at your picture, have that exact lazyboy as my listening chair :rofl:

Ps nice view!!

1 Like

Okay got it with the hooks, will try and buy some!! Thanks again!! Really helpful :+1:t3:

1 Like

How do you rate the hicap? Was considering getting one…

I like it, it added more cohesion and rounded things off nicely, though the XPS DR added more overall to the source.

1 Like

I would try and put the NDX 2 on the top shelf with the XPS DR on the bottom to get some separation and help with the burndy.

The SN2 may be alright on the middle shelf unless you are playing at very loud volumes. With the apartment, you probably are not pushing the SN2. You may want to give it a try.

Your set up looks great and hope you get things sorted out.

2 Likes

So I followed @Richard.Dane s advice. Reset the burndy how he advised and it’s made a world of difference. Currently propped up with some toothfloss to avoid contact! Only trouble now is the burndy is far too long. If I push the PSU back it curls up and lots of contact/strain. Will try @seakayaker s advice and see if I can put the NDX2 on the top shelf. Gonna need to drill some holes I think. Well thank god for this group, was about to send it back! Thanks guys!

7 Likes

Excellent news, great that’s it worked out. The cable length is a bit of a challenge with a cabinet set up.

2 Likes

Still think it maybe too long even with looping and space, plus the cable is really rigid. Will give it a shot! Thanks again

1 Like

Hence looping behind the cabinet if you can.

1 Like

How long is a Burndy out of interest? 2m?

A Naim Burndy is 1.25m long.

1 Like

Here’s how I looped the Burdy @Mon

2 Likes

Thanks, @Richard.Dane that burndy tip was great. (I did it while nobody was watching).

3 Likes

Had some success with white drawing/push pins of all things, now no wires are touching each other, powerlines or speaker cables, or walls. Drilled 7 holes in my tv cabinet, really helped, the sound has improved a lot. Appreciate everyone’s advice once again!! One team, one dream! :grin:

4 Likes

NDX2 now sat on the top :slight_smile:

8 Likes