NDX & SUPERNAIT Thread

That looks better too! So is it an appreciable worth the money improvement? I guess you’ll need more time.

3 Likes

The XPSDR isn’t going anywhere. Separating all the wires so none touch has given it a different sound. It’s gorgeous. Over the moon in fairness :grin: have zero upgrade bug feeling am just enjoying this new flavour in presentation. I guess rookie mistakes cost me. All good now!! :grin:

I originally had the NDX2 on top but called naim and they said to put the SN3 on top as was getting hot. Have removed my denon tv amp now so there’s more room (air to breathe), and brought in the XPSDR. I was very sceptical about importance of wires etc. But giving them freedom has released a beautiful sound. I also removed my fire tv/internet router/tv power cable etc etc from anywhere near any of the audio equipment. Running from an extension on the opposite side now. Now to get the paint for some of the damage I’ve caused on the wall :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Good result, there’s plenty of space over the amp and they don’t run hot anyway, at least mine doesn’t

2 Likes

Yeah there’s more space now, the shelf was higher. Was a tighter squeeze before, big tv denon amp. Binning my surround sound, it just seems offensive now, plus too many wires going everywhere!

2 Likes

Congratulations, the set up looks mighty fine and happy to hear you are experiencing positive results.

…look forward to hearing your feedback a week or so for now when everything has a chance to settle in and you have some time to listen to your favorite music!

1 Like

Great you’re sorted out, well done. I think the NDX2 on top looks the business too.

2 Likes

Sounding great

1 Like

System all settled in now Timbre?

I am settled with the system, plenty of scope for improvement but sounding great.

Where did you end up, NDX2. Same speakers?

Yep, still same speakers. Plenty of time to do something in future.

1 Like

Hi there have and NDX2>XPSDR>SN3 (from earlier in the thread)

Am currently using roon and Qobuz mainly for my music (RAAT). Have heard a lot of people using an NAS (I think they’re called) is this a significant uplift in performance from streaming via RAAT? Didn’t really consider buying an external storage box for hi res files but if it’s a leap could think about it. Have a turntable too so like buying the odd vinyl. Be interesting to know thoughts of people who use it, whether I’m not making the most of my system.

Thanks

What are you using to run the Roon Core? Chances are that you can store store music files on that if it has an internal drive, or you can attach a USB drive. Then Roon will scan that music and play it to your NDX2, just as it does with Qobuz. That would be pretty much the same as storing the same music on a NAS and running a UPnP server on it, which is not so different to Roon RAAT. If you have a digital music collection, give it a try. I can’t see any reason to use a separate NAS/server if you have Roon.

1 Like

Mon, l have a similar set system: NAS > XPS DR > NDX 2 > SuperNait 2 > NAC A5 > NAIM Ovator S-400

With my NAS model being a Synology 8TB DS716+II 2-Bay.

I have ripped approximately 2000 CD’s which I have purchase over the years to the NAS and add more all the time. I found streaming albums from the NAS via the streamer was equivalent to playing them from a dedicated CD player. I also use TIDAL to listen to new music or albums/artists mention on the forum as well as internet radio on the streamer.

The NAS was simple to set-up with the time consuming piece being ripping the CD’s. I did this over several weeks and then add as I purchase new music.

It is all managed through the NAIM app and extremely convenient.

I hope that was of some help.

2 Likes

MacBook Air. Roon with qobuz sounds better than tidal through the app. Was just checking to see if there was a SQ difference with a storage device. I have a new cable, sounds a bit harsh today maybe just bedding in so I’ll be patient :slight_smile: Thanks for your replies :pray:t3:

NDX2 firmware update is available :+1:t3:

It’s looking likely I will be moving on my NDX for the new NDX2, just trying to get the best deal

2 Likes

That’s the thing!

Well I’m 2 months in and my NDX2 / SN3 is entering its sublime phase, after a few weeks of up and down behaviour it’s starting to sound really really good. As good as the Nova was this is streets ahead and that’s without a psu. Hopefully it’ll continue to improve and become more consistent over the next month or two at which time I’ll consider psu options

7 Likes

Great news, thoroughly enjoying mine too, it’s settled beautifully.

2 Likes