NDX & SUPERNAIT Thread

Towers are sold in satin or design finish, with design being gloss.

I assume satin have same binding posts as your Skys, while binding posts on design finish are upgraded to Bi-Wireable WBT connectors and annealed aluminum terminal plates (this is the photo I am after).

Front TA website…”Satin Black and White finishes are equipped with twin pairs of gold plated terminals while premium Dusk and Ice multi coat polyester paint finishes have Bi-Wireable WBT connectors and annealed aluminum terminal plates.”

@Mike_S in your latest system pic in the system pics thread I noticed your volume dial set about 10 o’clock position. Is that rather loud or do you need to have it up quite high with the Forests?

Yes, rather loud. I was playing some Porcupine Tree, which needed to be loud :sunglasses:. Though I noticed the volume needed to go up a notch with the power supplies.

Interesting

1 Like

It’s sounding great now, on its second whiskey :flushed::flushed:

1 Like

Would be interesting to know how SN2 with Hicap compares with bare SN3

1 Like

Speakers or headphone?

Headphones now, girls :zzz:

Have you pulled the trigger? Lots to look forward to :clap:

In principle yes but waiting on my dealer to sell on my Dynaudio S40’s to fund purchase, I’m not in any rush. A few months in how do you find the combo compares to the Nova?

1 Like

It’s a big step up for me to be honest, across the board, really pleased with it.

Having said that, the Nova is great in my media room, and I’m really pleased with that too. So it’s all relative.

If the SN3 and NDX2 is affordable, I would thoroughly recommend it with speakers to match.

1 Like

Ok thanks, yes I’ll be keeping my Spendor A7’s so it should be good as I can tell they’ll really shine with a punchier amp, having said that the Nova is sounding rather splendid these days despite the really annoying screen / firmware issue. No desire to go down the psu route though.

1 Like

Funny I’m now having trouble with screen freeze on my rarely used Atom. Waiting for customer service to respond to my email.

Yes, they are exactly like that.

1 Like

So, I have just been made aware on the Totem forum that Diana Krall uses Totem speakers in her home system. Nice rumour.

2 Likes

I’ve heard she has Totem Arros.

1 Like

Here is the back of the Totem Tribe Tower in gloss black with WBT terminals.

3 Likes

Do you have a link to that Forum? I might set up a Naim and Totem thread.

It’s part of Facebook but Vince the owner of Totem on there also.

1 Like

It’s the “Totem Acoustic” group on Facebook. I am a member. It’s a good group.

1 Like