NDX & SUPERNAIT Thread

Is this a Moon integrated driving the PMCs? If so, how does it compare to the SN2?

Cheers!

1 Like

FWIW I tried the 20.23 & 20.24 with NDX SN2 and favoured the 23 by a margin. The drivers were better integrated and the ‘speaker had a less obvious boxy colouration. Ran that combination happily for a few years in quite a large room.

Size isn’t everything.

G

1 Like

Great thread! I find the SN2/NDX combo as the end game setup for me, if the SN3 is significantly better than the SN2, I will consider it. I have auditioned a HiCapDR but it was not for me. I haven’t yet tried a power supply for the NDX, but I’m a little bit curious. The main reason is that I’m a vinyl buff and I tend to put highest priority on cartridges, records etc. I have two Stagelines (one for MM and one for MC which I’m using at the moment). I LOVE the convenience of the SN+Stageline… One cable! That’s it :slight_smile:
Speakers though… Ovators which I love, but I’m thinking “bigger”… Klipsch, Harbeth, ATC or something similar. Oh yeah, I auditioned the 200/202 before purchasing the SN2… SN2 has more bass control and timing IMO.

8 Likes

The NDX2 with XPS DR will be my end source with my Core. Otherwise, I’ll be waiting for the SN4 :+1:

3 Likes

It was a Moon Neo Ace, All-In-One player similar to Atom, 50W per channel. It took some time to warm up, it was cold of the shelf.

Once it got going it was ok, I would expect SN 2 would do a better job.

1 Like

On the day the demo was rushed and that’s why I want to go back and perhaps take my SN 2 to have another listen.

I firstly heard the 23, detailed speaker, brighter which I like, good bass for the size of speaker.

The 24 was a massive difference, so much fuller sound, but than the bass felt overwhelming to me. That’s the effect of bigger box I guess. My head was than thinking size of room will matter. Moon might also reproduce bass differently etc.

So I would have to agree with you, in fact I started thinking PMC needs a 23.5 in the range.

My feeling at the moment is Tribe Towers take the win, great balance, lots of detail, enough bass for me. However, I only heard them on SN 2 and Nova. So not a fair comparison.

Long way to go yet, in fact probably 12-18 months before I consider speakers for main system. Next speakers will be small monitors for Atom in the office.

3 Likes

SN 4…I expect they will introduce a TAPE DECK input in 5 years time, this streaming stuff is so easy.

Young boys are struggling, playlists are not mixed tapes. And there is nothing like manually rewinding a cassette tape with a Bic pencil.

1 Like

Great look @magnussirius227! I realty like the colours and contrast. Look I am trying to achieve in my house. Thanks for sharing :grinning:

2 Likes

@DanielH how long have you had the tribes? Are they changing much as they run in?

I have had them for 4 months. They take about 250-300 hours to run in and sound their best.

1 Like

The babies have some extra juice :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Awesome @Mike_S, all coming together.

And…are they loving their extra juice?

Yes, quite impressive first impressions: more detail, separation, wider soundstage and even cleaner (lower noise floor?), more top range, tighter bass. Looking forward to headphone listen later.

And tidied up the cables. Just need a conduit along the skirting board at some stage.

1 Like

Thats a great result.

Have you tried them one by one or only both together.

1 Like

Hi Daniel, is there a chance you could post an image of binding posts on your towers? Can’t seem to find any online, I assume they are similar to this?

Both together, J says pull the HiCAP plug on the SN2 in a few days for a comparison. But he’s adamant that it’s worthwhile. He actually had the same system, including speakers, though NDX not NDX2 - so confident with where it’s at.

1 Like

1 Like

Sounds like a good plan, same playlist and see how you go. Good idea to use it and then see if you miss anything when removed. Enjoy mate!

1 Like

Thanks @popeye, are yours finished in matt white or gloss white?

They only do the Sky’s in a satin finish apparently.