Neat Elite Classics

Would love to hear thoughts and observations on Neat Elite Classic floorstanders on the end of the Naim Star, Nova, Atom or other Naim amplification.

Any love for these? Strengths and weaknesses?

TIA
Stavrose

3 Likes

The Neat Elite SE was always one of my favourite Neat speakers (along with the Motive 2). I loved them with the maxed out 5 series system - Cd5x, Nac122x, Flatcap2x, NAP150x, so I reckon they’d be great with the new Unitis.

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more about the Motive 2. A brilliant speaker and the most house-friendly design!

2 Likes

Well they are getting great reviews and I reckon they will go very well with the gear you mention

I have a pair of the Petite Classics and they are a fantastic little speaker , I must get to my dealer and give the Elites a listen.

3 Likes

I’m thinking of auditioning a pair in the new year, I already have a pair of Motive SX2’s on the end of my SN3 and HiCap DR which sound great but I’m thinking the amp deserves a better speaker and the new Elite Classics look like they might fit the bill, they are relatively compact for a floor stander, seem unfussy about placement and have a reserved classic look and are not stupid money at £3,250.
They have received a couple of good on line reviews and AV forums also gave them a good write up and as I like the way Neat speakers convey the music they could be just what I’m looking for.
Looking forward to the audition

2 Likes

Go for it Hanumike

I’m thinking will certainly be a step up from your current Neats

1 Like

I recently attended a Cyrus demo at which they were using a pair of Neat Ultimatum XLS - simply amazing speakers but a bit on the expensive side for me. However, at the end of the demo, the Ultimatums were switched out for a pair of the new Mystique Classics. Whilst obviously not in the same class as the Ultimatums they were definitely not disgraced. I run a pair of Petite 30s at home and the Mystiques were very similar with more (well controlled) bass. Might be worth demoing a pair?

2 Likes

Is it me or is the Neat website utter sh***? Sorry, OP, not meant to derail. I’ve had Neat for as long as I’ve had Naim so a big fan but I think their missing a trick having such a bad “shopfront”.

1 Like

Yes. Yes it is.

1 Like

Yes the website is sadly lacking, but in a way it reassures me. Neat are not known for their slick marketing, but they are known for producing amazing speakers.

1 Like

By way of a quick update, I demoed these speakers in store and at home. There is a lot to love! I believe the demo speakers were not well run in, so difficult to be wholly accurate about the SQ, but what I heard impressed me enough to make me pull the trigger and order a pair.

Once I’ve got them and they are run in, I’ll do a detailed review.

3 Likes

Still have a pair of the Elite SE. They are a very nice speaker with Naim amplification.I would expect the Classics to live up to the Elite SE if not surpass them a bit.

There’s a full review of the Elite Classics in the February issue of Hi-Fi Choice magazine and that along with the favourable existing AV Forums review and a couple of on line reviews should give anyone interested in this new addition to the Neat range (myself included) all the independent evidence they might require to help facilitate any future purchase with the obvious proviso of a physical audition.

I don’t have a Naim amp any more (Nait 5si previously but moved to a NAD C399), however I do have a pair of Neat Elite Classics and they are phenomenally good. My previous speakers were Q Acoustics Concept 40s and the Neats blow them out of the water. Given how good the QAs were with my Naim the Neats should be excellent.

2 Likes

I can’t comment on their suitability on the end of the equipment you mention. But I did listen to them being fed with a NSC222/NAP250 and fully NPX300’d NSS333/NAC332/NAP350 yesterday. What a thoroughly enjoyable hour or so that was. Magnificent sounds, and they acted as a great window onto the character and SQ of the different systems. They look great as well. I am a fan of Neat though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

5 star review and a Hi Fi Choice Recommended badge for the Elite Classics in this months Hi Fi Choice, with Conclusion comments stating that it brings scale, authority and engagement to everything you listen to in a way that is consistently satisfying, what’s not to like ?

3 Likes

Hi, how did the speakers settle in, as good as you expected?

Hi @Oxfordian

They’ve settled in beautifully. The break in process was long but patience has been well rewarded. I’m addicted! I can spend hours at a time listening to them and find it hard to walk away.

I played around with different speaker feet including Gaia iii, but settled on soundcare superspikes.

I also changed my speaker cable from naca5 to chord epic, which had a significantly positive impact.

Very happy with my choice of speakers. Had a 3k budget and auditioned various other speakers by spendor, kef, dynaudio, etc, but the Neats won!

Are you considering them?

Cheers,
Stavs

3 Likes

Yes, I liked the Kudos Super20A when I heard them but they are going to be too pricey for my budget, however my local store has a Neat dealership so I’m going to book a demo, the Elite’s and Motive SX1’s are under under consideration as both work well pretty close to walls which is a big contributing factor in my living space.

Thanks for the update.

Hi @Oxfordian - If you demo the Elite and SX1, it would be very interesting to know which you preferred and why. Happy hunting.

1 Like