New dealer needed

In the county I live there are two naim dealers. One very good, and I have bought most of my naim from them. They also claim to be naim’s oldest dealer. The other dealer in the county doesn’t really push naim. And when I asked ( before I bought mine,) about ndx2, he’d never bothered to get a demo model in as he said there was little demand!
So in the county I live, there is only really one naim deal. Who is very good.

1 Like

As mentioned before on this forum, I live on the Isle of Man and I have gone to the Sound Organisation in York for upgrades and servicing of my LP12 since I purchased my Naim system back in 2016.

I found out today that there is a Naim dealer on the Isle of Man, which opened between lockdowns last year. The same people run O’Brien Hi-Fi in Wimbledon. Has anyone had any dealings with this dealer, especially here on the Isle of Man?

1 Like

@LindsayM That’s a good point re non Naim brands. I’m also looking for someone to support my Sondek (assuming the Soltice doesn’t exceed excptations) and at some point my Isobariks might get retired and therefore speaker brands carried would be a factor too. I had nice chat with Alastair at Signals on Friday and as they support the LP12 and stock Kudos I’ll definitely be paying them a visit. Interesting few years ahead demoing Soltice, speakers and probably 552 as well eventually.

Always found them relaxed and helpful? Been going in for a natter last 15 years as I live 500 yds away :grinning:

1 Like

Have to say my own experience mirrored that of @SteveO, at the same dealer only two years ago. Had a demo then was chased for three weeks to buy. At the time was I was trying to demo another brand as an alternative which they did not stock before making my decision. I can fully understand a dealer wanting feed back, in order to temper an offering and offer advice, to the customer, but so much of it felt like being pestered and was a complete turn off. Lack of dealers in my area had meant I had a night away in order to visit them so I was hardly a tyre kicker.
Change of ownership since

1 Like

Would definitely recommend AudioBarn, Winchester Hi Fi, HiFi Lounge and Audience in Bath.

Another vote for HiFi Lounge. I have used them for 6-7 years and have bought and part-exchanged many items in that time. Paul is efficient and reliable and he would never chase you to make a purchase. He stocks a wide range of speakers, more than any other dealer i have come across. He is a real fan of vinyl and will be getting the new Solstice deck when it’s on sale. I have driven there twice from Nottingham in the last month and it’s been well worthwhile.

1 Like

I’m sure it’s great but I can’t understand again why dealers want you to ring them/email? Must be more work for them?
‘Please Call For Best Price’ puts me off entirely I’m afraid!

8 Likes

May be a way of gathering more for the “contact “ list” helps to have a lot of prospective customers to email with offers or note their wants.

I’ve always found HiFix Excellence to provide a super quick on-line service and at very competitive prices (my favourite). I’ve also used Audiobarn, Audio t, Analogue Seduction, Compass Audio, Signals, Tom Tom Audio, all are very good dealerships.

I agree that it’s rather irritating but, given that you need to phone to make an appointment to visit, it’s no big deal and it’s not been an issue with any item I have been seriously interested in. Support and backup are as important to me as price, so I generally expect to pay the RRP. I am aware there are many very good dealers around, but none near me that had the brands i have recently been interested in.

Definitely recommend Peter Swain at Cymbiosis in Leicester.

1 Like

Nor forgetting Wayne Smith - and Phil Mulvaney… :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Have to give a shout out to Rob at Adventures in Hifi in Chester. He’s been absolutely brilliant with me over my 10 year Naim journey.

Happy to demo at home, never any pressure to buy and always a good deal/part ex to be had.

2 Likes

It’s quite a long way from Essex to Chester!

Found service from Jack at Audiobarn to be faultless. Always happy to help, impartial advice, great communication as to status of order.

1 Like

Agree but plenty mentioning Acoustica in the same place.

Yes great little shop :grinning:

You won’t go wrong with Signals. I’ve never visited but they’ve been here 3 times. Exceptional service and knowledge. Just nice guys really with enough stock to have knowledgeable opinions and no need to push any particular brand.

.sjb

5 Likes

Bury Football club- my old team for so many years