New Firmware update v. 3.6.0

All great with me after update to v 3.6.0 and working fine with iOS 14.4.1. On ND5XS2.
Thanks everyone at Naim

1 Like

Likewise with my Atom and NDX2. Thanks to all involved!

1 Like

Trying to update my Nova and it downloaded and updated ok, but it has been sitting doing nothing with the power button flashing very slowly for 20 mins now. Any thoughts anyone?

All seems to be fine with my ND555. It took only 3mn to update. I would be curious to know impact on SQ and whether functionalities have been added. Cheers -

Have just updated my Uniti Star
Took about 5 mins
All working well
Many Thanks

The list of changes is here (and was posted by Richard in the first post of this thread), it is nearly exclusively bugfixes to get rid of the annoying issues:

Ok replying to myself. After half an hour of watching the power button flashing slowly, I looked at the Nova’s IP address and went there with my web browser. The Nova black web server screen popped up saying it was on the new firmware.

So I pulled the power out of the Nova, left it a few seconds and put the power in again. I got a normal looking start up then it showed “updating” in the screen for a few seconds, then sat there just saying Naim.

So I looked in the app and connected to the Nova. Now it is playing music again…

Not sure what happened there…

Best

David

2 Likes

555 and Atom both updated without a hitch over here in Tokyo. I have cleaner Bass through the 555…Without a shadow of doubt. Not my imagination. Mrs Nick pretty sure too, without prompting. Edit: Listening to ‘Joy Inside My Tears’ , quite different in a very good way.

Just updated my 1 months old Nova, it sounds better than ever. Many thank’s to all at Naim!

1 Like

Have had it confirmed that TIDAL Connect does NOT enable MQA unfolds in the TIDAL App. When using TIDAL Connect, the app itself is just a control interface. Once you set it off on what you want it to play then it’s a private playqueue stream between the Tidal cloud and the player.

1 Like

Glad it is sorted, don’t you just love technology!

1 Like

updated Atom and Nova, no issues at all. Thx Naim.

Just updated NDX2 , all ok, took around 5 mins. Ipad mini is IOS12.5.1 {its a little old).

Still sounding good, bass may be a little tighter/better…will have a longer listen…

Enjoy and thanks

It was somewhat easier and much less stressful than updating the UServe/UQute in the olden days…

1 Like

I still have an old Uniqute 1 that I have to update. Haven’t done it because of the complication.

As far as I know, Naim never communicated regarding SQ changes when updating the NDxxx firmware.

Still, the 3.4 made a significant difference in SQ (for better, IMO).

I won’t be able to update my ND555 until late this evening.

Too much to do at work… :sweat:

Yes that’s why I didn’t comment on that part :slight_smile:
Sounds fab to me, but I was running the unoptimized beta versions for recent weeks/months. (And it did sound great yesterday evening as well, who knows)

Know what you mean, awaiting the 1.7c update but Naim have run out of the CD’s at mo…will give me chance to find all the cables/vga-usb connectors, or whatever they were…and gather up courage to do it !

Flawless update here. Sounds fantastic👌🏻 Kudos to Naim

3 Likes

Just completed the update on my ND 555.

A painless procedure, well, other than the screen showing the white Naim logo and progress bar flashing wildly, WTF? … but it all seems to have gone fine.

No discernible change to the sound quality.

1 Like