New Firmware update v. 3.6.0

Working now…

Thanks for that. Rebooting the Atom didn’t work alone but unplugging the tv for a while did the trick. :+1: Thank goodness, if my wife has to use more than one remote she has a breakdown :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

NDX2 and Atom updated without any issues. Thanks

This morning I updated my Uniti Star. It was an interesting process watching the progress bar and hearing the Star re-start many times over a 10 minute period. The Star became visible in the Naim App before it was ready to go but I resisted the temptation to click on it. After a short while the display on the Star looked “normal” and everything worked perfectly. Quite pleased with the process and looking forward to the “fixes”.

No changes relating to sound were made in this release.

Updated my Nova and apps successfully yesterday.

Today I noticed the Nova display does not show volume changes anymore. No volume level numbers displayed. Instead the display keeps showing the playing album cover.

The lights on the volume knob do function however.

Same for volume change via
Nova volume knob
Naim app
Roon

Did not yet reboot the Nova to see if this resolves the problem. Will do this later.

I have experienced something similar. A reboot did not solve it.
I happens when I switch between the sources on my QLED tv several times (no volume numbers visible). I also noticed that after a while the nova can become unresponsive to the QLED remote. Nova remote and app are still working. Changing the source on the Nova, e.g. hdmi → internetradio or track → hdmi restores the connection with the QLED smart remote.

SouthPaw, is this something that has just happened following the latest update?

Hi Richard, yes it worked fine until the latest update (nova owner since december 2019). Expect something timing / event handling related. Hope that helps. atb, SP

Ok, thanks.could you let Naim support know the details.

Have you tried the factory reset? ( it’s different from the reboot).

1 Like

First random reboot with firmware 3.6.0.

Here we go again :expressionless:

But, the ND555 never sounded so good! :notes: :musical_note:
Took the afternoon off, and am listening to some symphonic music and voices (will report later the perceived changes).

2 Likes

Sounds fab :+1:

french\\\ And this post was latter … The most changed I heard due the firmware is deeper and cleaner bass… after a day I get also sharpness from the mid to the top… love it

this was a day after

1 Like

I did factory reset

2 Likes

A further update from me three days in from updating and I have had a significant uplift in sound quality. Listening to some very familiar tracks I could hear more clearly things such as a nylon tip of a drumstick hitting a cymbal, the rattle of a snare as the drum was hit and the shimmering of strings being bowed such as I have never heard from any digital source I have owned. Another thing I have noticed is that I am now playing tracks with the volume control of the 552 higher than before say from 8:30 now at 9:30 now whether that is because of a slightly reduced output level or just the fact that the signal is more cleaner I am not sure.
Touch wood no reboots as yet for me, but I am delighted with this latest firmware update well done Naim.

8 Likes

initial update all went OK - fast update, no restarts as of yet! however I’ve noticed as of today that anything playing via Tidal seems to have no track information present - this is also true in the app, apart from the app has the album artwork (the Uniti Atom’s display does not - just has an icon placeholder).

edit: bizarrely it works in the /webclient/ endpoint in a Chrome browser

Well, I did it. Last night I ran the update on my Uniti Atom without any issues or surprises. I was somewhat hesitant because I’ve had virtually no issues since buying my Atom in September and didn’t want to introduce unforseen bugs. I have been very impressed with the stability and consistency of the Uniti streamer compared to my SimAudio Moon MiND. The Atom lets me listen to music much more without having to think about connectivity issues. Simaudio has released some new firmware and hardware improvements recently. I have benefited from the MiND firmware update and it is more useable, but I still prefer my Naim. The Naim app is far superior to that from SimAudio, however yesterday I noticed I can now access “My Mixes” in Tidal now with the Moon. I don’t see that in Tidal via the Naim app.

As far as any change in sound, I don’t know. Since buying the Atom, I’ve always been impressed with everything about how it sounds. I’ve stopped listening to hardware and listen to (much more) music.

5 Likes

Hi FR, unfortunately the behaviour is persistent after a factory reset (as expected but tried it anyway ). did not have to change sources on the tv to reproduce it, just stepping through the menu of the media hub and generating some remote traffic seems to reproduce it). Switching nova inputs/sources restores the connectivity. I’ll send an observation to the support team. This was the first factory reset after purchasing my nova which worked and works fine (except for the occasional freeze in the previous version, never experienced a random reboot) and … it seems like there’s some improvement in SQ as @Meni mentioned :+1: .

Sorry to hear it doesn’t work…Naim support seems to be the only solution, albeit some tekies here could find what to do.

1 Like