Screen Freeze Update?

If you check the Sonos support forums there are currently 20656 troubleshooting tickets, including many like:

Endless problems with Sonos

I’m on the brink of giving up on my Sonos system. Almost daily the system loses devices and then I can’t restore them to the network.

[ … ]

God, I’m so frustrated. Sonos used to be amazing, but it’s so unreliable now I need to find an alternative.

My Nova did a random reboot a couple of days ago. It’s still on the 3.5.1 release firmware.

I think my Nd555 will be replace by a new streamer before solving the screen freeze

@BertBird a little bit off topic, but out of curiosity, can I ask if you’ve encountered any random reboots recently?

Yes still had it two times. Less then before, but it still proofs that the firmware still has stability issues. The screen freezing I already have since the beginning of having a ND555, being on of the first ones to own a ND555…

Thanks for the update, Bert.

Just had my first random NDX2 reboot since the last update, been okay until now

Thought I would just say that for the month prior to the Firmware update, since adding a power amp and using the Star as a pre amp/streamer I did not have a random rebooting. I think this would be the longest it went without a reboot or any other glitch. So as well as being very happy with the sonic improvement I am very puzzled as to why adding a power amp would effect the Star in this way, I just thought I would get an improvement in sound.

Although it’s cold in my room, I do not have a frozen screen after the last firmware

3 Likes

Touch wood … :wink:

1 Like

After the last firmware I did only the refrigerator in my house freezes :smiley: :smiley:

4 Likes

No screen freeze on my ND5XS2 since the update :grin:

1 Like

No screen freeze, however the volume level does not show on the screen anymore…

This has been reported several times, like here

or here

I don’t know about suggestions to fix it but you should find them in the vicinity of these posts

Many thanks!

However I must admit that I have resigned and accepted the fact that my Nova is what it is, a fantastic sounding machine with a poor software that is causing all kinds of faults.

As of now I will listen to it and enjoy the sound with or without a functioning volume level indicator, screen freeze or whatever will come up next.

If I remember correctly, a factory reset may have fixed it for the others, but check the other thread(s), I am not sure anymore. Yes, it is annoying but they really are working hard on it and things have improved. By all accounts, the screen freezes apparently are really fixed and the random reboots are at least much more rare, though some people are still affected a lot. I would recommend to contact support@naimaudio.com, they can only fix things they are aware of and can investigate.

1 Like

Just turned on my Nova so that I could listen to Norah Jones while I have my Sunday morning coffee.

To my pleasant surprise the volume level is back again on the screen despite the fact that I have not done a reset or touched the thing.

Magic! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not getting frozen screen anymore after last firmware but I’m getting dark screen from time to time …why?

Dark screen as it blank/ turned off before the 12hr timer is up?
My ndx2 screen used to go blank after 2 to 3 hrs. But recent fw has fixed this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.