New Firmware update v. 3.6.0

Might be worth reporting this to Naim support as firmware updates always need refining.

1 Like

Where does one report such? Go through the support pages to Uniti support and fill out the…

support@naim.com I think. There is a link at the bottom of the page.

@airedog:

Contact Information

For help with all Naim product installation and operation please use the following details:

support@naimaudio.com
T: +44 (0) 1722 443405

Hours of service are Mon-Fri 9:30am-5:30pm GMT/BST

1 Like

FYI it’s support@naimaudio.com as Sued says…@naim was returned…

Have you checked the audio settings on your Tv?

Yeah it’s not tv settings. The Atom connects and auto switches ON with the tv It just doesn’t pick up the volume control from tv remote. Oh well, had a good run. No issues at all in one year of ownership.

Sorry to hear that. Probably they will fix it in the next update. :crossed_fingers:

Since the update, I had this exact problem once. My atom connected to my Samsung tv over hdmi arc, suddenly stopped responding to TV remote volume control. Turned off TV, turned it on again, and everything was back to normal. The atom remote was working normally though. I will report if this happens again. In any case very minor issue for me.

Hi Thomas - how do you perceive the changes in sound with the new release ?

1 Like

Hi @BertBird ,

Hope you’re doing well.

I posted some comments here.

My first impressions were quite positive. But, as I mentioned earlier I have some mixed feelings regarding the balance between the highs and upper mids.

I spent sometime, yesterday evening, listening to my symphonic reference pieces. Rather positive first impression, but will comment later about that.

What is interesting I am fairly sure I am noticing performance improvements when the streamer is in digital out rather than analogue out mode as well.
Very pleased.

2 Likes

Interesting! :thinking:
Do you believe the firmware could have improved the streamer part of your NDX2?
Less noisier at doing its job? Different/better memory management?
As I mentioned previously, I wonder what’s really included in the package they call “firmware”.

Well absolutely… the firmware addresses the digital board and DSP, and those components are used for digital output… on the beta thread there were some gremlins with digital out in some circumstances on beta firmware versions that have now been fixed in the production firmware.
In the legacy streamers, you can see each module of the firmware updating its respective controller, but mostly hidden with the new streamers.

2 Likes

Do you use the app, the remote, or the volume dial?

Have you set the display to be turned off during playback?
You might toggle that setting to „always on“, check for a change, and then maybe change it back.

Another thing: I sometimes need to trigger the proximity sensor of my Nova twice (or wave around for a few seconds), to wake the screen. May you could try this as well.

The remote mostly, but neither way does. I’ve not set the timer. Thanks for your input tho.

Update itself went well on my Nova, but after the update the Naim app on my iPhone could not find the “room” (or the Nova). I simply added it again and everything is now working fine.

Had to do the same thing on my nova…

After update I have problems with hdmi connection between my Nova and LG CX. Auto switching to tv does not work, in auto mode there is no sound at all, tv cannot see hdmi output. Really frustrating since previously I was dealing with problems in connection between Nova and my old Samsung tv. Last year I bought LG CX and for few months everything worked perfectly fine. And after update problems again…

It seems that Naim has been working on this update for some time and they release soft which fixes some issues but adds new bugs.

As much as I like Naim sound I am getting tired of constant software problems and thinking about saying goodbye to Naim.

1 Like

Have you reset the Nova following the update?

If so, then I would also check for any Fw update on the LG side. Failing that, contact Naim support for further assistance.