New Firmware update v. 3.6.0

Flawless update here. Sounds fantastic👌🏻 Kudos to Naim

3 Likes

Just completed the update on my ND 555.

A painless procedure, well, other than the screen showing the white Naim logo and progress bar flashing wildly, WTF? … but it all seems to have gone fine.

No discernible change to the sound quality.

1 Like

Updated an hour ago the new firmware … sound to me is same…hopefully it will solve my frozen& black screen problem

1 Like

You won’t need any of that stuff for the 1.7c upgrade, just shove the CD in and leave it.

1 Like

Loaded on both the ND555 and Nova. Loaded fine, sounds good.

Chris beat me to it. Shove the CD in the Unitiserve and it will be ejected after half a minute or so. Then you need to leave it alone for 10 or 15 mins because all the updating takes a while after the CD has been read. The Unitiserve will shut down, then there’s a lot of flashing logo, which ultimately goes steady. You should find you are back in business then.

Best

David

1 Like

Thanks, liking the sound of that, and I guess will have to update the Desktop Client on the PC (easy)…

Thanks, good feedback from both…looking forward to it now, just awaiting Naim to go back to the office and burn some more CD’s…

I saw one or two posts earlier saying that the IOS 14.4.1 update stops the Naim app on iPhone from talking to the Nova on the new firmware.

I have just put my Nova on the new firmware and I tried the Naim app on both my main iPhone 12 Pro which is still on IOS 14.4 and an iPhone XS which is on IOS 14.4.1 and everything worked normally.

As I posted earlier, I think discovery issues are likely due to the iPhone losing the setting to allow the Naim app to use “location services” (which is nothing to do with GPS in the Naim app context, but rather look for devices on your WiFi/lan network).

Best

David

1 Like

Wow I had no idea so much needed fixing. It’s quite a list on the update info.

Anyway I’m pleased my Atom screen volume lag has been fixed when playing 192khz tracks from Qobuz. So cheers Naim. I’m not sure I’ll bother with anymore Atom updates as this is now my most stable version since my Atom arrived over two years ago! :wink: Sometimes new updates introduce new bugs speaking from experience!

2 Likes

@Gumpter Worth noting that the vast majority of Naim users will have experienced few if any of the issues addressed in this release - but for those that did, this update should help.

I’ve done it and now the ND555 can’t be found in the app.

I’ve tried power cycling to no avail.

Has anyone got any bright ideas ?

I’ve used a Network Analyser and can see the ND555 on the network.

Not sure …is it possible sound is faster after the new update on my Nd555 ?..just an half hour of listening

2 Likes

Are you on an iPhone? As @davidhendon has noted above, Apple has been tweaking some things. Check you have “allow when using app” for the Naim app in location services in your iPhone.

Otherwise, deleting and reinstalling App is worth trying.

Hopefully frozen& black screen will be fixed

I had similar (minor ) issue, just turned ipad off, paused, turned ipad back on…not very scientific, however it worked…

That was certainly the case in the Beta group (whom we should thank once again for all their efforts!)

3 Likes

Or share it with you via Dropbox (if you ask).

1 Like

Same here.
I can’t find my Nova.
What I did:

• hard reboot of the Nova
  • restart everything in my network : router and everything
  • reset network settings on my iPhone (last IOS)
  • killed the app, restart my iPhone
  • checked location iOS settings (allow when using app)

Still nothing

Edit: finally working after I tried with my iPad but did nothing special. Seems like my IPad awakes the Nova

Also two lesser options. Firstly you can force the app to look again for rooms by pulling the rooms screen down and releasing it, similar to how you update email in the email app. Also it’s worth closing and restarting the app. You close it by getting to app switcher mode on your iPhone, either by pressing the home button twice quickly or by swiping from below the screen to half way up (the latter method for iPhones without a home button). Then you swipe the Naim upwards so it vanishes and then you exit the app switcher mode by clicking the home button once or by selecting any app. Then you can go and restart the Naim app in the usual way. This forces a fresh network scan.

Deleting and reinstalling the app shouldn’t really be necessary, but sometimes if some of the data that the app keeps gets corrupted, deleting and reinstalling the app is a way of deleting that corrupted data too.

Best

David

3 Likes