New Firmware update v. 3.6.0

Hi there,
No, there has been no change to the ND555 output level in 3.6
Thanks, Tom

3 Likes

Thank you Tom, for your swift reply.

The changes the 3.6 brings are then even more interesting.

If we weren’t on public forum I would ask how do you achieve such as result.

Great job by the way :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks, that’s very kind. I’ll let the team know.

1 Like

Hi, is anyone experiencing recently issues with network connection when streaming Tidal (both via app and tidal connect)? since last firmware update (never before), especially last week or so every 2hrs it shuts down with error displayed on the screen. When error happens, the device automatically restarts itself when I put it into standby after that it works again. Factory restart did not help.

No issues when using other WiFi sources on Atom (net radio can go for 10hr without any network failures) nor with Tidal on other devices within the same network. No changes have been made to WiFi setup, other than firmware update (3.6) to Atom.

Hello, and welcome to the Forum

For clarification, TIDAL Connect isn’t yet enabled on any Naim product yet (It’s on its way by summer!).

Have you tried logging out of TIDAL and back in again?

I meant via Naim app or native Tidal app (via chromcast-> Atom). I did factory reset to Atom so yes I had to log in again to my account during new setup.

What’s more interesting, once network error occurs if I go back to network setup directly on device (with remote control) I can not connect Atom to WiFi (providing correct password) unless I do device reset . Then it connects automatically.

For several months there were some issues with screen freezes, now they are gone after the update, but this started happening. Never occurred in first several months of using Atom.

OK, i’d suggest contacting support@naimaudio.com to see if they can analyse the issue in more detail. Feel free to link them to this discussion.

Just a quick update on the update…

Not a single issue since the revision - all good :blush:

Cheers to the Update / SW Team :+1:

1 Like

I am still puzzled that many forum members talk about no issues and my number of unplanned reboots still remains on a similar level as before, with no clear pattern of why it happens. Will the next version be the holy grail ? And good sound, and stability and no screen freezes…

2 Likes

Bert, are you in touch with Naim support about this? I reckon they would be very interested in what’s happening in your case.

1 Like

Just whom I was looking for…Hi Clare. A question just occurred to me; hypothetically, if Naim decided to add function to the screen of the Uniti line, would an update do it? Meaning would the hardware of the screen be capable of such an expansion of functions? Video…whatever? Boy…the Atom is really warming up, plus I’ve improved the acoustics in the room. With just the Chora 816s. Pretty impressive for a little toy.

1 Like

Plenty of hypothetical things that could be done, but we have other priorities at moment. Glad you’re enjoying the Atom
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Richard, I have been in contact with support some time ago. But honestly speaking the problem remained the same across releases, so I feel nothing has changed…, while some senior members including myself are re-iterating that they have the random reboots… but I will log it again with support…

OK thanks Bert. Perhaps one for @tomvamos then…

First reboot under 3.6.0 tonight whilst selecting a new track via Roon. No big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Bert, I have most recently experienced series of frequent reboots after firmware update. Before firmware update I also experienced cover freezes for several months. current issues were related to internet connection (atom was losing connection several times a day and rebooted itself). What seem to have helped was either powering off device for several hours (initially I did 45 min powering off and factory restart that did not help at all) or updating software on my Synology router or both. Right now everything is working fine for over a week, I guess the problem is solved.

Sharing this in case it helps others with Wi-Fi connection issues. In case you are skimming and only read part of this, I do not believe the issue was with the Atom firmware, but with my ASUS RT-AC68U router.

Prior to upgrading my Atom to 3.6, wifi would cut out on 5GHz, and I would have to power cycle by pulling the mains (or deep sleep at a minimum) to get it to connect to 5GHz again. This would happen every day or two. What I realized was that this wasn’t happening before I had done a firmware upgrade to the router. I dug into the settings and found Advanced Settings > Wireless > Professional > Roaming assistant with a “Disconnect clients with RSSI lower than -70 dBm”. My Atom showed it was sitting at about -66 dBm when I checked a couple times. So it’s very likely it was hitting -70 dBm occasionally.

I’ve upgraded the router a time or two since then, which I think improved things. Either way, to be safe I disabled the Roaming assistant setting. I don’t have additional APs/mesh, so I don’t need it. With that done and being on the latest 3.6 Atom firmware, I haven’t had a single repeat of the issue.

To note, I have not experienced any reboots on 3.6 as far as I can tell, and maybe very rarely on the previous. With the latest firmware, the only issue I have is that with Roon/Qobuz certain albums don’t want to play all the way through. They just stop mid-track. No stuttering, they just stop. I can hit play in Roon and it picks up from where it stopped. It happens on just a few albums, so I haven’t taken the time yet to figure out if this is a Roon/Qobuz and/or maybe a different network issue.

Hello Naim-support and Naim enthousiasts,

Always interesting to see various experience of Naim Uniti/streams owners. Here is mine, even if I’m not a “big player” … at least for the moment J, but anyway a happy user.

I upgraded from Cambridge separates to Atom end 2018 (paired with Aria 928 from Focal) even if Qobuz support wasn’t available yet. But ChromeCast support did more or less the job.

Integration of Atom in my living room is perfect, the “waf” is really good, especially from Qobuz native integration.

I’ve been in touch several times with support, each time promptly answered (proposal of screen switch-off, implemented in fw 3.3, questions about these strange « from the house » speakers plugs, that I still don’t use J, and fw 3.5 bug during update, fixed by fw 3.5.1).

I really appreciate the smooth and continuous improvement of Uniti Atom, that makes me feel we’re far from an outdated product; Qobuz works perfectly (even in HD) and Naim iOS app is (now) really efficient and friendly (more than Qobuz app!). Support for Radio Stations in HD is worth noticing.

I’ve never suffered from bugs reported in discussion thread; I always switch off at night the Uniti into deep sleep mode, maybe that helps?

It that way, would it be possible to add this deep sleep switch off to the app?

Regards

4 Likes

I thought it did that anyway, so long as you haven’t got a ssd/usb attached or have the server mode enabled.

Welcome to the board.